Bad case of fowl pox? With ear infections?

I have another update since I feel like everyone is invested šŸ˜…
1 ear scab has been scratched off, and the 2nd is 1/2 off, another day or 2 and I think itā€™ll be off. Sheā€™s still eating/drinking great, gaining weight back, and doing well. Photos below! My biggest concern now is that sheā€™s continuing to scratch the ear where the scab has fallen off and is making it bleed. Any suggesting there?! Thank you!

The peroxide is just for the ear canal, and just a drop or two, to clean it out. For the large open wounds, use saline, chlorhexidene or Betadine, and then switch back to saline. After each cleaning apply plain Neosporin ointment twice daily until they heal. @Wyorp Rock may prefer something different, and she may be on later.
That's good news that the scabs and pus plug have finally come off!

I agree with what @Eggcessive has suggested. I would only use Peroxide in the ear canal to work up any bits of pus that may still be in the ear.
For the raw areas of the face/outer ears, apply your ointment to help soothe the skin, hopefully she won't scratch much longer.

You've really worked on her, I sure hope she heals up with no complications like the others did.

And yes! I (We) love getting updates, I actually had thought of her this morning and wondered if you and she were making progress! I see that you have:)

That's good news that the scabs and pus plug have finally come off!

I agree with what @Eggcessive has suggested. I would only use Peroxide in the ear canal to work up any bits of pus that may still be in the ear.
For the raw areas of the face/outer ears, apply your ointment to help soothe the skin, hopefully she won't scratch much longer.

You've really worked on her, I sure hope she heals up with no complications like the others did.

And yes! I (We) love getting updates, I actually had thought of her this morning and wondered if you and she were making progress! I see that you have:)
Yes, peroxide only in ears!
Thanks for everyoneā€™s help and response. After this ordeal, I feel like anything is possible to be saved/healed! I hope to post a final picture in a few weeks of her completely healed and looking how she should ā¤ļø

Yes, peroxide only in ears!
Thanks for everyoneā€™s help and response. After this ordeal, I feel like anything is possible to be saved/healed! I hope to post a final picture in a few weeks of her completely healed and looking how she should ā¤ļø
Hereā€™s a final update on the last chicken to finally, fully recover! Sheā€™s basically 100% better, except sheā€™s officially an inside/house chicken šŸ˜‚ this was her choice! She pecks on my window/door to be let back inside after she wanders around a bit. Photos below. Thanks for everyoneā€™s help in their recovery! 6 out of 7 pulled through and survived, thanks to all of you and your help/guidance. So much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4958.jpeg
    IMG_4958.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4957.jpeg
    IMG_4957.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 10
Hereā€™s a final update on the last chicken to finally, fully recover! Sheā€™s basically 100% better, except sheā€™s officially an inside/house chicken šŸ˜‚ this was her choice! She pecks on my window/door to be let back inside after she wanders around a bit. Photos below. Thanks for everyoneā€™s help in their recovery! 6 out of 7 pulled through and survived, thanks to all of you and your help/guidance. So much appreciated!
She looks so wonderful!
She had such a rough time, it's so nice to see her doing so well. You hung right in there with her and didn't give up.
House chicken it is then! Sounds like she's a character.

Thank you very much for the update and photo!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom