bad feet on mille fleur roo PLEASE HELP !!!

Comeonbroodyhen

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Ontario Canada
this is my mille fluer roo that has bad feet and i can't figure out why the feet are so bad i picked him up from a local auction without inspecting his feet (stupid me) and when i did look i thought" what has this person done to him". so i put him in my chicken tractor that is on wheels with an upstairs coop that is about 3 feet off the ground with roosts and nesting boxes inside.i clean out the coop part every other day and i also move the chicken tractor to new grass every day to prevent the ground from getting muddy but his feet never got better. does any body know what this is and if you do how do you get rid of it ??

there are (what looks like scabs ) all over his feet and the middle toes on both feet is missing the nail and are red around the tip.

He has scaly leg mites that burrow under the skin and cause it to look like this, I live in the UK and we use Ivomec to treat this not sure if you can get it in the US? some people also smother the legs in Vaseline to suffocate the mites but I am not sure it will work on it's own.

Soak in water (warm-hot) with Epson salts in it. After soaking, apply Vaseline to smother the mites, and then get medicine to treat if you can. Those are some bad scaly leg mites!

If you can get a hold of ivermectin, it is probably the best. I use it and bag balm for this problem.

Back
Top Bottom