Bad news with dewormer

Why would worms leave their host when they are sitting their feeding off nutrients meant for your birds? They are mating as well. They lay tens of thousands of eggs a day and the eggs are excreted in feces onto your soil. Chickens continually peck the soil, they pick the eggs up and are swallowed and are reinfected.
The only time you'll see a worm excreted is when it is old and dying OR there's no more room in the guts and it's excreted out the rear end. Worms cannot survive outside the host.
I dont know but they come out of dogs if they have worms.

No...it's not different.

I'd read that it was measured in "pea" sizes lol. Didn't end up going that route so didn't look into it further.

God this is gunna be fuuuun.

Realistically, how do you know when you need to worm?

Grab em off the roost at dusk and 1 person holds, 1 person loads the syringe and fires it into their beaks.

Fecal float would be the most accurate way to see what worms you have in the flock and what the populations look like. I found roundworms in the poop inside the coop so that was good enough for me.

There is a good way and it costs about 300 dollars a bottle.

https://www.merck-animal-health-usa.com/product/safe-guard-aquasol

Yeah my hubby wanted to go that route until I saw the price tag...

I'd read that it was measured in "pea" sizes lol. Didn't end up going that route so didn't look into it further.

Grab em off the roost at dusk and 1 person holds, 1 person loads the syringe and fires it into their beaks.

Fecal float would be the most accurate way to see what worms you have in the flock and what the populations look like. I found roundworms in the poop inside the coop so that was good enough for me.

Yeah my hubby wanted to go that route until I saw the price tag...
Pea size is so wrong.

"pea" sizes
@casportpony
c1d27e63aaee877b-.gif

Back
Top Bottom