Bagging up Peacock for travel

Hey all! I feel like I ask more questions than anyone else on this forum but here goes... The egg that I had that had ended up being viable after my hen not being with a male for over 4 weeks went into lock down on Sat. now today is 29 days and still no chick. Should I remove the egg or give it more time? The egg was candled prior to lockdown and was hard to see but I saw some movement fyi. Any help would be appreciated!!
I would give it several more days, because an egg can hatch later than expected.

If it does not hatch within a few more days, you could crack it open carefully from the big end to check whether there is a chick inside. If you do find a live chick, you might assist it to hatch. And if you do not find a live chick, or do not find a chick at all, you would at least know instead of wondering.

Funny story. I watched Geralds video early in the day on Sunday. I then went down to the basement to clean out the hatcher, to move the eggs due to hatch on Tuesday, I set on Wednesday and hatch on Tuesday 28 days later. So I still have a half dozen eggs left in the hatcher that did not hatch. I put them on the heart monitor and the very last one still had a heartbeat and it was rocking the egg on the platform trying to pip.

It did not pip, but I could see it had a large air cell when I candled it. I chipped a hole in the shell and saw the membrane was dark and drained of blood so I continued to peel the shell back, the little bird wanted out, it kicked, and out it popped. It hatched on the 33rd day, we taped its feet and tried to rub the kink out of its neck. We have given it vitamin E to see if it will help but I think it is kinked because it was in the shell too long. Once a chick starts breathing air the bones start to harden.

I am sure it will have a little kink in its neck but it will make someone a nice yardbird.
IMG_6105.JPG
IMG_6106.JPG
IMG_6107.JPG
IMG_6108.JPG
IMG_6109.JPG
IMG_6110.JPG

Funny story. I watched Geralds video early in the day on Sunday. I then went down to the basement to clean out the hatcher, to move the eggs due to hatch on Tuesday, I set on Wednesday and hatch on Tuesday 28 days later. So I still have a half dozen eggs left in the hatcher that did not hatch. I put them on the heart monitor and the very last one still had a heartbeat and it was rocking the egg on the platform trying to pip.

It did not pip, but I could see it had a large air cell when I candled it. I chipped a hole in the shell and saw the membrane was dark and drained of blood so I continued to peel the shell back, the little bird wanted out, it kicked, and out it popped. It hatched on the 33rd day, we taped its feet and tried to rub the kink out of its neck. We have given it vitamin E to see if it will help but I think it is kinked because it was in the shell too long. Once a chick starts breathing air the bones start to harden.

I am sure it will have a little kink in its neck but it will make someone a nice yardbird.View attachment 3131835View attachment 3131836View attachment 3131837View attachment 3131838View attachment 3131839View attachment 3131841
What a wonderful story!!! You saved that beautiful little baby!! I will wait then to see if anything happens. How long should I wait if today is day 30? I put the egg in the incubator on the 2nd of this month and I counted the 3rd as day 1. How is the little one doing now? Still ok?

Awww. It’s so cute.

I am sure it will have a little kink in its neck but it will make someone a nice yardbird.View attachment 3131835View attachment 3131836View attachment 3131837View attachment 3131838View attachment 3131839View attachment 3131841

What a wonderful story!!! You saved that beautiful little baby!! I will wait then to see if anything happens. How long should I wait if today is day 30? I put the egg in the incubator on the 2nd of this month and I counted the 3rd as day 1. How is the little one doing now? Still ok?
Did you watch the video? If not you should. Your chick was due on the 29th, candle it and see if there is any movement, it is at least three days past due at this point. If you incubators temperature is low that could have set the development back but it is still is past due.

Did you watch the video? If not you should. Your chick was due on the 29th, candle it and see if there is any movement, it is at least three days past due at this point. If you incubators temperature is low that could have set the development back but it is still is past due.
I did watch the video and I am going to take it out an candle it now. Just got off of work.

I did watch the video and I am going to take it out an candle it now. Just got off of work.
Unfortunately, it was not alive anymore. It looked dried up kind of.
:( I was hoping he or she would make it since they made it that far. I have 3 eggs left that were put in On 5/10. Wish me luck!! And thank you again for everything.

Unfortunately, it was not alive anymore. It looked dried up kind of.
:( I was hoping he or she would make it since they made it that far. I have 3 eggs left that were put in On 5/10. Wish me luck!! And thank you again for everything.

Attachments

• 71C6275D-6480-48DA-A1F8-08F50CDF956F.jpeg
    71C6275D-6480-48DA-A1F8-08F50CDF956F.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 74931ED4-6395-4531-9FB0-B9F19240E187.jpeg
    74931ED4-6395-4531-9FB0-B9F19240E187.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom