Baking soda in a bator?

Quote:
It took 6 % out so am holding at 70%. They have till Sat. to do something and then the entire batch get chucked onto the compost heap and a proper batch of high quality eggs will be going in. Thats what the kids are getting me for my birthday, even though they WANT to get me more games for the Wii
gig.gif

Quote:
I don't mean to be rude, but isn't cleaning out and sanitizing an incubator/hatcher a mute point during lock down? I'm trying to think of the best time to clean and sanitize my bators/hatchers and day 14-21 of a coturnix hatch isn't a really good 6 day spread for me.
idunno.gif

To the OP....Just let it ride till day 21, and reevaluate bator hygiene and your production model. I'm just saying
hide.gif

Quote:
I don't mean to be rude, but isn't cleaning out and sanitizing an incubator/hatcher a mute point during lock down? I'm trying to think of the best time to clean and sanitize my bators/hatchers and day 14-21 of a coturnix hatch isn't a really good 6 day spread for me.
idunno.gif

To the OP....Just let it ride till day 21, and reevaluate bator hygiene and your production model. I'm just saying
hide.gif

No offence taken
big_smile.png
but the bator was cleaned and dissinfected before I started this hatch, it was late night on day 15 that I got the smell and couldnt figure out what to do as I couldnt find the offending egg.

Will clean it again after this hatch and start again after the big pen gets finished. Plan to work on it this week and hopefully get the danged thing DONE!!!

Quote:
idunno.gif

hide.gif

Maybe you shouldn't be rude then.

If I need to clear my commit i will add that I was talking about cleaning it before putting in the new eggs. I cant say that disturbing a hatch to disinfect it is a worse idea then hatching them in a bacteria infested bator though.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
idunno.gif

hide.gif

Maybe you shouldn't be rude then.

If I need to clear my commit i will add that I was talking about cleaning it before putting in the new eggs. I cant say that disturbing a hatch to disinfect it is a worse idea then hatching them in a bacteria infested bator though.
sickbyc.gif

No need to clear anything! We may just disagree on the course of action/s. Nothing wrong with that!
Since the OP is well past day 21, then what ever action/s they took are reality. I didn't bird dog the board to find out. So I don't know what happened. Only so many hours in a day and all that.

The eggs were all empty of life when I threw them out so no stealth rooster in the bunch. I didnt think there was but one of my hens is REALLY roo like in her actions so thought as I cant vent sex I would try setting the eggs just to check.

I STILL dont know where the smell came from as the eggs didnt smell bad when I broke them and the bator shell has no smell either
hu.gif

Will spritz it all down and let it air dry in the sun and wait for my eggs to arive in the post for a proper hatch.

Back
Top Bottom