Bananas 70 cents a lb.

$0.29/lb, but that's for the ones on the bargain table that are starting to get brown spots on the skin (nuthin' wrong with them on the inside, though!) That's at a Fred Meyer store in Bellingham WA.

Homemade bread is awesome!!
big_smile.png

"I hate to see where prices go on everything after all these storms in Iowa. We get alot of our corn from Iowa and corn prices affect the prices of most other foods."

Yep. 5 million acres of farmland flooded. Today the news has 19 more agricultural levee failures on the Mississippi River and seven more in danger of failing. Food prices are predicted to skyrocket in the next few months. I'd advise everyone to buy now and stock up if you haven't already, preferable from local farmers markets.

Talking about corn going up....imagine everything that has corn/corn meal/oil...etc. in it. Not to mention the meat we buy, that is fed that expensive corn
hmm.png
I am thankful that we have our own cows and pigs, and that my father in law grows corn (and soybeans) so we can feed our cattle our own corn. Not everyone is as fortunate though
sad.png

My husband is getting a big bonus at the end of June. We are going to buy enough feed for the next 6 months. The feed prices are bound to go through the roof.

Time to build a new chicken tractor!

Quote:
I read that and I've been humming "We're off to see the wizard" for 15 minutes now......

I used to buy bananas weekly for the family - 2 bunches of 8 bananas for 8 people - since the price of bananas hit .50cents, I told my family if they want bananas they would have to buy their own. I haven't bought any since then.

I have told my children (the ones who hold jobs) to buckle their belts tighter, as they are talking about wanting to get cars, my 16yr old asked if he had permission to buy a scooter, and I told him its better for good weather driving, and he'd save more in the long run by doing that, instead of getting a car. He can ride the city bus in bad weather.

Car payment(could be monthly), insurance, repairs
Gas

Scooter payment/insurance?
Helmet
Gas

This scooter ride is becoming increasingly popular.

I just wish there were scooters for more than one person ( my 17yr old has a baby child).
People ride scooters/bikes with children in tow in other parts of the world with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom