Bantam chicks, assorted....

peepsnquacks

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2017
Citra, Florida
Hi Everyone....

Finally got our Bantams, we waited and waited...they are about a month old now, I think.....And are too crowded in the brooder, so they wander all over the bedroom (spare room, thank goodness for laminate flooring) and then when you walk in they fly back into the brooder and try to look innocent. ;)

It is pretty hilarious to watch. They also perch on the sides of the brooder (rubbermaid tub) and just hang out.

We ended up with about four with the furry legs....one Polish with a super cool mohawk, and he/she is super tall and stands straight up....
And coolest of all we ended up with a Frizzle!! I think he/she is a Frizzle Cochin Bantam...pretty positive. Can't wait to see the all grown up look.

I'm trying to write/think of something cheerful because I lost a chicken this morning to I don't know what, and I had to put it down. We are vegetarians. I don't eat meat. I don't kill things. We have guns but just for target practice shooting, and maybe the zombie apocalypse. But to have to shoot one of my favorite chickens, when I have never shot a living creature, was pretty horrible. You can see that post under Predators thread. There was no saving this chicken.

So, the Banties are super duper cute, and friendly, but I need to get them some space, an outside coop, asap. Thinking we will move the ducks out of the other coop permanently, give that smaller coop to Bantams, then build a larger one for the other 14 chickens. No idea if any are Roos yet. Some have lots of attitude, but I'm sure you can't tell by that..haha.

Thank goodness I have BYC to come to for answers and just friends when something bad happened.....
xoxoxoxo
PeepsNQuacks

Poultry is a wonderful hobby except for the bad parts like culling, but it is a part of life, and part of the hobby. As you can see by my avatar I like my frizzle Cochin bantams. Keep building those coops.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom