Bantam Silkie New Behaviour... HELP?

JuicyDropDragon

In the Brooder
Jul 21, 2019
Hey there,

I’ve got two lovely bantam silkies, a male and a female. Their are just approaching six months old and this morning my hen started acted much differently than usual. She’s been laying on her side and pushing the wood shavings in their pen and is digging in the shavings more than usual as well. I’m worried that she’s not feeling well?

Hey there,

I’ve got two lovely bantam silkies, a male and a female. Their are just approaching six months old and this morning my hen started acted much differently than usual. She’s been laying on her side and pushing the wood shavings in their pen and is digging in the shavings more than usual as well. I’m worried that she’s not feeling well?
My girls do that in preparation for laying. Some of mine did it weeks/months before we saw any eggs. Others do it when they are starting to feel broody.
Though-i will say that I have never had a Silkie lay. Gave a bunch away at eight months. No eggs, no crows.

She’s been laying on her side and pushing the wood shavings in their pen and is digging in the shavings more than usual as well.
Is she just dirt bathing? Is she able to get up and act normal? Is she eating and drinking as usual? Can you post pics? Or a video to youtube or vimeo and then link here?

How long have you had them? Where did they come from? What are you feeding including treats and supplements on a regular basis?

NONE of my birds out of hundreds... do that as preparation to lay or go broody... the signs are usually much different.. more like practicing the eggs song when startled and pacing in and out of the lay boxes, and some get chatty.

Hope all is actually well! :fl

Back
Top Bottom