Bantam thread(including polish and silkies)

Pics
Are RIR bantams friendly? My best friend’s sister was attacked by a LF RIR cock and was hospitalised due to her cornea being ripped by his spur. Their hens aren’t friendly either. They are actually quite aggressive dispite what I have heard about them being friendly and great pets. Are RIR bantams better? They would be great birds for us if they are not aggressive.

Are RIR bantams friendly? My best friend’s sister was attacked by a LF RIR cock and was hospitalised due to her cornea being ripped by his spur. Their hens aren’t friendly either. They are actually quite aggressive dispite what I have heard about them being friendly and great pets. Are RIR bantams better? They would be great birds for us if they are not aggressive.
Rhode Island Reds and Rhode Island Red Bantams have a huge personality difference. The former is known for being aggressive and bold to start a fight, as well as being high in the pecking order, while the latter is often stated to be sweet and friendly. As you read before, I have Ruby, who is super nice. I would get Rhode Island Red Bantams over the large fowl version any day. I don't see the point in raising chickens known for aggression, and if you are worried about eggs, then I have to tell you that Ruby lays almost every day. Only a few times has she taken a break, and she even lays after bad thunderstorms and after predators come during the night, which is unusual for a female to do—most of them would stop their egg production because they think they need to not be as vulnerable during those times.

I don't have the LF RIR just the bantam one I have. But I don't dought that some lines of RIR will be more aggressive due to not selecting for personality.

Back
Top Bottom