Bantyman Eggs Hatched....Pics Pg 4 Updated

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
Got my Red Cochin and Favorelle eggs in the hatcher , today is Day 20, I felt sure they would at least pip this morning..................................... NOTHING!!!!!!

The ungrateful little boogers......... I have cared for them all this time and they can't even give me the curtesy of a little pip
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
th.gif

Last edited:
Day 20 for me, too, same situation!
barnie.gif

I candled them very quickly when I took them off the turner, and saw movement in half of them, so I know that at least 12 were good on Day 18. If this hatch tanks, I will be very discouraged. My last one was a total fail, with many making it more than halfway but then something going wrong.

These are Buff Orpington eggs from Jody, and I REALLY want a decent hatch from them.
fl.gif

I candled them Day 17 and then moved them on 18. I saw movement in some, but they are all fully developed. I don't get too freaked out by not seeing movement in all at that stage. My last couple of hatches I had eggs pipping on Day 19 and I guess I got used to early birds......
I also had some temp issues in the last hatches which I think prompted them to hatch a little early.
I want these Cochins and Favorelles sooooo baaaad!!!!!!

Quote:
Yeah, I think that's what's making it worse--the fact that we WANT them so much! If this hatch fails for me, I'll practice on my own fertile eggs from my hens until I feel more confident, before buying more eggs from breeders. Which, of course, I probably should've done in the first place.
roll.png

Quote:
Yeah, I think that's what's making it worse--the fact that we WANT them so much! If this hatch fails for me, I'll practice on my own fertile eggs from my hens until I feel more confident, before buying more eggs from breeders. Which, of course, I probably should've done in the first place.
roll.png

I started with 5 of my own and only one hatched. But I still went ahead and ordered eggs from others and hatched out fairly good.
I didn;t calibrate my hygrometers until this hatch and temps and humidity have been dead on. Thinking maybe the cooler nights may have some effect as my temps did dip this past week to 97 a few nights, i refuse to turn my heat on at night yet.

well, I am on day 24 and still waiting!
barnie.gif
Yep, it's a late bloomer!
fl.gif
But that's because I have had some temp. dips and rises, but the egg is wiggling. No pips.
th.gif

I hope that your eggs hatch in great condition!!!
hugs.gif
Don't give up!

I ran home after work and came in the house to change my shoes, I had to go feed horses for a friend who is sick.
I quickly checked the eggs , NO PIPS
barnie.gif

Ran over to my friends, came home did my horses and came in, checked the eggs, I swear I heard peeping!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Made dinner, checked eggs again A PIP!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

My Bantam Favorelle from Mike has a pip, hoping this is a sign that they are just a little delayed.

Back
Top Bottom