Barred Bantam Cochin cockerel, critique please :-)

rarebreedeggs4u

Songster
10 Years
Sep 27, 2009
Morrow, AR
This little guy "LB" is 6 months old and is out of our stock. His Mom is a straight feathered Barred Bantam Cochin, Dad is a frizzled Barred Bantam Cochin. My daughter would like to show him at the fair and possibly at APA shows...what do you all think? Yes or no, all opinions are very welcome
smile.png

He had become quite the liitle brat (hence his name), but we put him in with the teenage Penedesencas & Cochins and he's quite happy now
wink.png

41991_dscf2007.jpg

41991_dscf2010.jpg

41991_dscf2014.jpg

I don't know much about showing, but I know he's BEAUTIFUL! And adorable!
love.gif

Also, LB was my grandpa's name, haha
gig.gif
Except his stood for Louis Bohunt, which is a bit nicer than Little Brat, LOL.

Quote:
Thanks
smile.png
Now that's he's being nicer, we're happy, but we would like to show him too *if* he's show quality.

LOL, he's moved UP to Little Brat. LB originally stood for something I couldn't say in front of my kids
wink.png

1 too many points.

not nearly round enough. A bantam cochin should have the profile of a basketball. This means he should be as wide as he is long and even as he is high. His cushion (rear end) should be larger.

His foot feathering is a bit sparse as well. They say on a good bantam cochin, you should not be able to see in between his legs... or even his legs for that matter. He should be wide all the way to the ground. https://www.backyardchickens.com/breeds/cochin/10091

As
for his color, Im not that familiar with what is expected of barred but, I assume a judge would look for even barring and shading like any other patterned bird.. Your guy, though pretty, does not have that.

This guy looks nice and even
http://pics.hoobly.com/full/PGIJSCFRGCMX32FH4Z.jpg

I
think your guy is much better than most seeking critiques on here. Enjoy him. He should do well at 4-H level
smile.png

Thanks so much everyone! I know Mia will love showing her little LB locally. We'll keep trying to move closer to type and a bird that compete with the big boys and girls...I need to take a closer look at the teenage Cochins~LOL

Back
Top Bottom