Barred Rock, Australorp, Black Sex Link, or Black Sex Link-Red Rock?

Andora

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I have figured out what all my chicks are, except these...I have two of each coloring.

They are in one bin together at the feed store (TSC) and I think they came from Mt. Healthy. The guy said they are both the same breed and that he thought they were labeled sex links when they came.

492838678_ondPn-M.jpg

This chick does not have any white spotting on its head at all, it's solid black. So is the other chick I have of this kind, no white spot on it either, but the second chick has all yellow legs with no black coloring.

And I have two of these:

492838154_4TTPq-M.jpg

On the Mt. Healthy site they have something called Black Sex Link-Red Rock cross. I read that the males resembled Barred Rocks and the females are black and red. Could that be what these are? What do you think?

Last edited:
At least the second one is a pullet! I have two of them. (I have horrible luck, I always end up with a zillion roos lol.)

The first one does kind of look like a Minorca. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed! It doesn't have any white on the chest like the chicks in the picture though, so I'm not 100% sure...

http://www.mthealthy.com/product/BSL-P

Those are the crosses Mt. Healthy sells that I think might be what these two chicks are.

Back
Top Bottom