Barred Rock HEN (I hope)

Don't Barred Rocks have skin color Legs ? That chicken there has yellow legs or am I seeing things?
Or is this a trait that I have not learned about? I love Barred Rocks more than any breed but all my girls have skin color legs with black lines down the front.

When people want pullets they get roos, when they want roos they get pullets.

I went back to the feed store seeking roos and ended up with 2 more pullets but at 3 - 4 weeks they didnt have any marking down the leg then around 7 and 8 weeks the dark started to spread over the front of their legs.

When people want pullets they get roos, when they want roos they get pullets.

I went back to the feed store seeking roos and ended up with 2 more pullets but at 3 - 4 weeks they didnt have any marking down the leg then around 7 and 8 weeks the dark started to spread over the front of their legs.

I'm sorry to say, but the "mystery" chick still looks like a pullet to me, BUT the new one looks like a Roo! I'm judging by the comb and wattles, plus the tail looks roo-ish to me
idunno.gif

JMHO,
Jen

Quote:
Actually, those look more like Doms to me, thinner barr and comb doesn't look BR.

There barred rocks they have yellow legs where doms have whitish coloured legs.

Well... today when i was in the run, I picked up the mystery chicken and the light glinted off of a very pretty and shiny black/green tail feather. So I guess that settles that. Not a hen and not a BR. He seems well mannerd and I bet he will be a pretty roo when he grows up. I've been looking at EE/BR crosses and that is a possibility. I will have to find a new home for him soon. I really don't need another rooster. (And I'm not really sure I'm up for freezer camp). Bummer!!!

Back
Top Bottom