Barred Rock thread!!

Pics
I love getting those surprise color eggs!!
wee.gif

@luvmychickenz Really wish I had another one the same age so I cold compare side by sode. It looks a little darker in pics than real life. My brother has some the same age and he sent me pics. Still so hard to see. However, I looked back at pics from our first barred rock and at 13/14 weeks she had almost no comb to speak of and was just barely blushing. Will keep it around for a bit longer and see what develops.

Just had to share my two girls Ezzie and Grizzie. They're going on 16weeks and pretty darn big birds. But, my two BSLs, Elvira and Morticia are a week younger and even bigger. I'm just lovin' all my ladies. Took these pics this morning...

Here is Esmeralda

And this is Griselda

This is my barred rock she is five months old!!! she would never come to me and ley me pick her up like my other hens... well long story short all the sudden today she gets in front of me all day and does this lay down thing wanting me to pick her up!!! why the change of heart???

This is my barred rock she is five months old!!! she would never come to me and ley me pick her up like my other hens... well long story short all the sudden today she gets in front of me all day and does this lay down thing wanting me to pick her up!!! why the change of heart???
My guess is she is getting ready to lay.

Back
Top Bottom