Bathing suit season

Feathers Acres

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Michigan
Hey there, if your anything like me your picking about when it comes to bathing suites. I just wanted to know, does anyone here like retro? im loving these style bathing suites. Im not the type to show alot of skin, its not that I dont have a nice body but I find that girls now use bathing suites as an exscuse to get atleast 80% pretty much naked.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.ph...ade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

I love it, but I cant find them anywhere without them being handmade and really, really pricey (Not that I dont like handmade, they make me feel like I have one of a kind!). I wish I could find a pattern for this. They have one like this at urban outfitters but it was 110$
ep.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL! *stands beside you and passes the
pop.gif

do shorts and a t-shirt count? Cuz thats about the only thing you'll see me in this year..... I hate swim suit season (yes I'm overly critical of myself...)
roll.png

gig.gif

Love retro but also love bikinis. I am in Canada and most nice swim wear start at $100.00 and go up. I am a swim suite junky i have 50 or more but we lived on the lake. Now we are 15 mins from 4 lakes so i use that as a excuse to buy more LOL. Hubby is ok with it in fact yesterday he said i bought you a surpirse and he bought me a new bikini , I think he is just glad to have a wife finally that likes to look good for him. His ex wore sweat pants and dirty tee shirts for days on end. Now he is married to a fashion nut LOL so after 7 yrs he is use to the $$ of looking good. Try ebay for retro swimwear with the economy being in the dump you can find good deals.

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Retro-one...0|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Get ahold of a Land's End catalogue. They have cute retro styles, and are not that pricey. Unfortunately, swimsuits are probably one of the most overpriced garments made. I have to pay how much for a yard of spandex????? (spoken loudly with an outraged tone)

I used to do the swimsuit thing, but not anymore! Maybe if I dropped about 50 pounds...

I like the retro looking ones too. I also like the ones that have the side pieces cut out-but those would look awful on me.
sad.png

Quote:
Kel... 50 lbs? C'mon.... then I'd have to tie weights to your ankles to hold you down in place dear
hugs.gif

Hey... I've dropped 2 in the past 4 days! (southbeach - again)
woot.gif
Now I've only got 10 more to go and I'll be back to where I was before my dad passed away.... stress is awful
hmm.png

Cannot remember the last swimsuit I owned. It was probably 30 years ago. I hate swimming anyway. I'm blind without my glasses and it make me nauseous to see the sun on the water completely a blur. Plus, I live in the mtns. I'd have to drive miles and miles to find a pool, if I lost my mind and wanted to get in one.

I love those retro kind! there will be a lot of them this year I think, my sister got one last year and it is very flattering on her. I can wear a bikini no problem but prefer a one piece so that I may move around with out a boob or other parts falling out lol. Plus when dealing with a child who wants to be in a tiny bikini???

I cant believe how small they have become, although I love nuddie beaches and have no problem being in my birthday suite when there
big_smile.png
but that is a different story all together lol

mom'sfolly :

Get ahold of a Land's End catalogue. They have cute retro styles, and are not that pricey. Unfortunately, swimsuits are probably one of the most overpriced garments made. I have to pay how much for a yard of spandex????? (spoken loudly with an outraged tone)

I'm afraid that it would take more than yard of spandex for me. If I want a suit, I have to special order from Omar the Tent Maker.​

Back
Top Bottom