Bathing suit season

Debi - how do you like the skirt on the swimsuit? I've never had one, but for some reason this year I think I need a skirt, I think I'm at the stage where I just want to feel comfortable and I want to feel more confident in a suit. I'm also tired of worrying about how I look 'down there' in a skimpy suit. yikes....

I don't go swimming often, but I like ones that cover up more. I had a red one with the top peice that was big enough I could make it look like a one piece lol but that swimsuit is too big on me now. I don't really like shopping for swim suits/cloths because they never seem to fit right....
I think those retro swim suits are cute though
smile.png

Quote:
Oh my gosh! last night I didnt think I was going to get any replies to this and today 33 replys (Jaw drop) LOL

I have a cottage up in canada and let me tell ya, when we go into town theres about 3 banks, 1 dollar store, a some or of big lot, an art gallery, a library (Not half bad they have internet), a mechanic store and then 20 minutes from town is a walmart, and a home depot LOL. So needless to say you know we always go to walmart to get our stuff because everything in town is EXSPENSIVE! but the icecream shop...soooo worth it!
smile.png

I love the vintage swimsuits but I love Bikini's too---ya'll are hilarious about your "issues", We all have them ladies, and men are not as picky as the media would have us believe. Mine is my butt---it's enough for 3 people (LOL! actually just 2) It's ok though, I get lots of compliments on my giant booty. From what I've seen of all of you I'd say that none of you should be worried about it----just flaunt the suits girls!!!!!
big_smile.png

Well girls, as much as I complain, it does not stop me.....I get loads of compliments on my athletic ability for a "big girl" ..... Yep, I am the one doing flips off the low dive and giving the young punks a run for their money. I HATE the pictures that have been taken of miss cottage cheese thighs, but hey.... I can still do them and I get requests regularly to do flips off the boards! My brother and I used to have competitions when we were younger and I have not outgrown it yet! The thrill of competition overruns the ick of the swimsuit!

Not bad for a 45 year old momma!!!
wee.gif
Ok, I am just a kid at heart....I won't grow up, I won't grow up, you cannot make me grow up...I won't grow up!

Last edited:
I think its just rediculous that a fun recreational activity has become a show-off-everything competition. If we were all just going to swim, it would SO not matter!

But these 'swimsuit editions' in magazines and stuff made swinsuits just a way to get by with having them as close to nekkid as possible. It is rediculous, some of us LOVE to swim, but would just as soon go alone, so there is no one staring.
hide.gif

Besides, who wants to take there DHs to a beach where there are TONS of girls just laying around 'sunbathing'. They dont care about swimming, they are just there to get all the guys to look at them.
somad.gif

My rant for the day! It just really bugs me when I have family members, like my SIL, who really looks fine, but she won't swim anymore because she doesn't want to get in a swimsuit.
hit.gif

GRRRRRR Ok I am done!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom