Bathing suit season

Quote:
lau.gif
At least you have an excuse NOT to get one! Eddie Bauer has some cute ones with the little skirt with a slit on one side - that would cover the "inner thigh" problem. I'd rather not buy one, but DH wants to go to Virginia Beach and I guess that means I gotta get a bathing suit.
hmm.png
Last one I bought was 5 yrs ago. And it was your basic black whole suit.

And I agree, where do they come up with these prices ???

I always just wore your basic one peice, we had ones with little skirts on them too. And we often wore t-shirts over them, but that makes you COLD when you get out! ~Wind blowing through wet, loose sleeves. BRRR~

Anyway, then I got married to a guy who likes bikinis... So I will wear one when we go to the lake. We can often find a place that is pretty remote there. If we go to the pool I won't wear that kind.

I had to go swimsuit shopping in November last year! We were going to a hotel, and I had nothing to swim in. It is kind of hard to find a swimsuit in Colorado in November!
lol.png

I felt very self-conscious in my swim suit. Then I went to Dollywood's Splash Country. After watching other people proudly strut their mega-selves in their mini swimwear... well... I don't worry about what I look like so much any more!

Quote:
I'm afraid that it would take more than yard of spandex for me. If I want a suit, I have to special order from Omar the Tent Maker.

I am NOT making fun...ladies I am right there with you LOL but when I read that all I could think about was the old Christmas cartoon about Emmit Otter. When it opens he and his mom are singing a song that tells all the things they made "from the one bathing suit that my Grandma Otter wore." LOL

wegotchickens: thats what my DH says all the time to me when I balk about being in a bathing suit. I am not big by any means (133) but for ME I "feel" that way for ME - and there is nothing wrong with being a big woman either for that matter. All women are beautiful.

DH tells me all the time when there are bigger women than myself out there on the beach strutting around in a 2 piece that I wouldnt be caught dead in "See honey....they're proud of the way they look even at 200-300 lbs, its a confidence thing, doesnt matter to them what others think....you could learn a thing or two from them."

It just floors me the mentality my DH has... I love him very much, he respects women to the fullest....big, small and in-between, doesnt matter.

Thanks honey!!
love.gif

Last edited:
I HATE swimsuit season! I can never find a swimsuit that I like - nothing fits and it always leaves me feeling depressed. I normally end up wearing a tank top and shorts over any suit I buy anyway because I am (and always have been) very self conscious. If I could just go back in time a few years (and about 20-25 lbs), I wouldn't mind wearing one at all. I never really appreciated how I looked back then until I gained weight!

My hubby is supportive similar to Henny's. He is forever asking if I would wash his truck wearing a bikini. He doesn't care - he likes me the way I am. He even yells at me for wanting to lose weight!

We're off to Daytona Beach in a few weeks, soo not only do I have to worry about my swimsuit but also my PALE skin!!
hide.gif

Last minute trip soo didn't have time to tan, but I do have a new swimsuit, tankini, I love those!!!
One of my DH's cousin's is having her b-day party out there and she told him that she asked another cousin if she was going to go out on the beach suntanning and the cousin said..............
No, too much HAIL DAMAGE!!!!
lau.gif

Quote:
I'm afraid that it would take more than yard of spandex for me. If I want a suit, I have to special order from Omar the Tent Maker.

Good thing my mouth wasn't full! I would have spewed
smile.png
!

You guys are hilarious. I must be a masochist to even open a thread like this one! This is the time of year where I freak at the thought of being in a swimsuit. Horsejody--I love your tagline. My inner thin person and inner fat person are duking it out. Hmmm.... Wonder who's going to win?

Back
Top Bottom