Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
Oh renee I'm glad you had a good experience with Dr wendy and I'm sure she has you on the right track. If she is an internal layer I'm not sure if they are able to recover from that, maybe someone else knows. The most important thing to do is treat any infection. Did Dr wendy say to give her yogurt?

If your hubbie can forego the conference I'm sure he will for you, once he sees how distraught you are. Is there someone on this thread in oakland or berkeley than help out? If my finance wasn't leaving himself for 4 days I'd offer, but with 3 flooded coops, 58 chickens and 37 new chicks to take care of I'm overloaded too, sorry

Please call me at any time you need to vent, cry or ask questions. You have my number. I'll be checking in with you this weekend

I'm close to you Renee, need a hand with anything this weekend?
smile.png

Quote:
Oh renee I'm glad you had a good experience with Dr wendy and I'm sure she has you on the right track. If she is an internal layer I'm not sure if they are able to recover from that, maybe someone else knows. The most important thing to do is treat any infection. Did Dr wendy say to give her yogurt?

If your hubbie can forego the conference I'm sure he will for you, once he sees how distraught you are. Is there someone on this thread in oakland or berkeley than help out? If my finance wasn't leaving himself for 4 days I'd offer, but with 3 flooded coops, 58 chickens and 37 new chicks to take care of I'm overloaded too, sorry

Please call me at any time you need to vent, cry or ask questions. You have my number. I'll be checking in with you this weekend

Renee,
Hope everything turns out OK

Jeremy,
Thanks for your email ...

It is pouring here and cold (this morning it was 33*) .. we got 6 eggs yesterday and 5 eggs today from our 8 pullets ... as "rewards" my husband spoils them and gives them fresh mealworms!

Keep dry everyone - those of you in the Bay Area ... hope it's not snowed in time in the Sierras!

Quote:

I appreciate the thought, Cheryl. Dr. Wendy didn't mention yogurt, just a mash of the layer crumbles. Oh, but you're right, now that I think of it. Since Bridget is on antibiotic, some probiotics would be good for her. And even though she wasn't concerned too much about the crop, I'm still a bit worried about it and I think I will try to give Bridget more olive oil.

My tummy hurts.

Renee, I'm in Berkeley every day for work, although I have off on Monday, and will be at a teacher work day in Newark on Tuesday. (that doesn't sound like I'm in Berkeley much.
hide.gif
) However, if I can help out on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday after work, just let me know.

Quote:
Renee,

If you don't have yogurt, I think buttermilk also will work .. I've mixed in both with veggies for my chickens' lunchtime snack, along with some cottage cheese and oatmeal, flax meal and wheat bran .. they love the stuff!

Quote:
Renee,

If you don't have yogurt, I think buttermilk also will work .. I've mixed in both with veggies for my chickens' lunchtime snack, along with some cottage cheese and oatmeal, flax meal and wheat bran .. they love the stuff!

Thanks Daphne, I do have yogurt. And wow, sounds like your babies have it good
big_smile.png

So, on the plus side, Hubby has decided to cancel his trip which is a great relief to me.

Bridget still seems ok, but it's really hard to tell when she's not in her natural habitat and with her best buddy. If the weather isn't too horrid tomorrow, I'll let her outside. The only thing that seems a little weird is that her comb and wattles are especially red. I'm assuming/hoping this is merely due to being warm and toasty in the bathroom, like she's a bit flushed. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Back
Top Bottom