Bay Area BYCers!

Jeremy's blue wheaten chicks are the sweetest little things! We love the two that we have and are sure hoping that the youngest is a she so we can keep her!

Quote:
I have 2 of your blue wheaten eggs in my bator right now, also scheduled to hatch on Friday. As I mentioned on another thread, it's only day 19 & one of them is rockin' back and forth like Ray Charles at the piano.

Did Linda share with you?! She mentioned she had given a couple eggs to a friend but she didn't say it was you Jerrilyn!

I really hope they hatch for you.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks Sunny And Jeremy! I hope that is true about the Wheatons...the darker one seems to have a double row of comb, with bumps all up it and the other has a single raised comb, so I'm afraid the one might be a dude. The Buff I am almost positive is a dude (wide comb, double row) and the white is iffy...the two lavs and two silvers barely have any comb, and what they have looks straight, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see a bit.

Sunny, my hubby is so tired of me coming in from egg patrol and shouting, "I've got another HUGE egg!". His exact quote is, I believe, " I just don't get the same thrill you do." Sigh. Whaddyagonnado? I have been doing the exact same as you--put them in one end of the carton and close down only one side. Hysterical! Used one tonight to make brownies that called for two! Now that is being thrifty!
smile.png

Well one of the new kids laid today.

I got all excited and ran in to put it in with the eggs I just set and tripped.

Had to scrub egg out off the cabinets.

Sweet as Kayla is, she sees me cleaning up eggs and says "oh Grandma, you killed a baby." Then she walked off shaking her head talking about how sad the mom is gonna be.

I have no one to blame but myself. Oh and of course Bill since he spoiled the heck out of her.

Quote:
Thanks Sunny And Jeremy! I hope that is true about the Wheatons...the darker one seems to have a double row of comb, with bumps all up it and the other has a single raised comb, so I'm afraid the one might be a dude. The Buff I am almost positive is a dude (wide comb, double row) and the white is iffy...the two lavs and two silvers barely have any comb, and what they have looks straight, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see a bit.

Sunny, my hubby is so tired of me coming in from egg patrol and shouting, "I've got another HUGE egg!". His exact quote is, I believe, " I just don't get the same thrill you do." Sigh. Whaddyagonnado? I have been doing the exact same as you--put them in one end of the carton and close down only one side. Hysterical! Used one tonight to make brownies that called for two! Now that is being thrifty!
smile.png

lau.gif
DH is worse than me! His eyes light up like a christmas tree when he brings me one of those huge honkin' eggs!

Kim you crack me up! That sounds like something I would do. BTW how are you feeling now? I know you were pretty sore after the accident.

Sir giles update - after further inspection and soaking it in epsom salts it is not bumblefoot but rather that he injured his inside toenail, and it's dark brown and only half left.

I think that is the source of the infection. His leg is swollen too, infection is growing.

I removed the top two roosting boards as when I got there yesterday they were all on top of a 9 foot wall!!! Who would have thought that this enormous rooster and all 5 of his fat hens would get up there.

He must of at some point injured the toenail. I have Baytril coming this morning and will give it to him for 3 days. Hope he makes it

Back
Top Bottom