Bay Area BYCers!

We love Western Farm Center
love.gif
They have good prices, and their staff is knowledgeable and wil take the time to explain and talk about products if you have questions and/or need help, suggestions. My 8 original hens are from WFC and are healthy and doing well at 2 yo now. That's the only place I would go to buy hatchery chicks.

Kim,
I read your recent post on the other BYC area page. What a day (graduations, traffic) and night (neighborhood fires) you had !! The photos of your family are beautiful, thanks for sharing !
Have you every considered looking for property in Sonoma County? Lots w/ smaller acreages in Petaluma, Cotati, Penngrove, and maybe Sebastopol. Still quite country like in many areas. And not as hot as many areas in the East and South Bay and inland valleys.

Jeremy,
The broody hen from you quit being broody after a week of setting w/ eggs. We had placed 10 eggs with her. Any plans in the works for a "Before Back to School Meet Up?" perhaps in early August?
I've looked and still do, but I think moving out here was one of my downfalls. I doubt see being able to afford places like that anymore. I'm just going to have to take over night road trips and check out areas I can afford at different times of the day. With my luck I'll pick a quiet 2 days and then move and find out I made a mistake. Something will come up though. Just not sure when or where. And yes! Yesterday was insane.

Well folks,
just got back last night (about 1am) from Singapore. While we were gone, DS took care of the girls. Unfortunately, one of our broodies (Jane, our BCM) didn't make it - DS says she "just keeled over". I wasn't here so I'm not sure what happened. He moved the eggs she was brooding under Veronica, our other broody. Just went out there to collect eggs again (was out a couple times earlier) and Veronica has chicks! There's at least FIVE under her! I'm so proud of her. Pretty awesome for a Leghorn! (Cheryl thinks it's the sussex that gives the Mille Fleur coloring.) Hooray for Veronica!

Well..my first babies arrived (mail order) and the Speckled Sussex didn't survive the trip, which was very sad. I got a replacement Ameraucana from the feed store down the block, so we have 4 total. (They said the new chick was very likely >80%) a hen and not a rooster...so fingers crossed since I live in Surburbia and my neighbors would kill me!

Pics of the gang...and one of my dog (Royston) and one of my cats (Tegan) checking out the commotion...

Julie (happy chick mom)

Beautiful pics, Julie. Sorry about the speckled sussex, but I think you made a good replacement choice with the EE (one of my favorites and pretty eggs too!). I got a variety of chicks this spring, and the barred rock has grown up so friendly (to both people and chickens) and the Australorp is absolutely beautiful. Who would have thought that a solid black chicken could be so pretty. You have a great variety, and they will make lovely yard ornaments. Enjoy and best wishes!

So we have eggs and chicks coming out of our ears right now and we are not hatching due to getting married next month and leaving on our honeymoon. So we have the following if anyone is interested.

Eggs
  • Araucana Eggs (rumpless / tufted)
  • Silver Laced Penciled Rocks

Chicks (Straight Run)
  • 2 x Araucana
  • 1x Blue Egger
  • 10+ x Blue Laced Red Wyandotte

Sexed Juveniles
  • 2-3 Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks
  • 5 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
  • 1 x Black Breasted Red Blue Egger Cockerel (Araucana with stray tail feathers)
  • 1x Splash Araucana Rooster 5-6 months old

PM me if you are interested or see our website below we are in Vacaville, CA :)

So we have eggs and chicks coming out of our ears right now and we are not hatching due to getting married next month and leaving on our honeymoon. So we have the following if anyone is interested.

Eggs
  • Araucana Eggs (rumpless / tufted)
  • Silver Laced Penciled Rocks

Chicks (Straight Run)
  • 2 x Araucana
  • 1x Blue Egger
  • 10+ x Blue Laced Red Wyandotte

Sexed Juveniles
  • 2-3 Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks
  • 5 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
  • 1 x Black Breasted Red Blue Egger Cockerel (Araucana with stray tail feathers)
  • 1x Splash Araucana Rooster 5-6 months old

PM me if you are interested or see our website below we are in Vacaville, CA :)
Congratulations on the wedding
woot.gif

If I send a PM will I get a deal compared to the website?

Ron

Back
Top Bottom