Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
I would, but I don't know where to have it located.
hu.gif

We did one at my Inlaws Ranch last June, and I would do it again, but can't this year, gonna have my hands full with a newborn
big_smile.png

Quote:
I know there's been mention of folks wanting to have anoter meet up, but nothing has been planned so far, at least that I know of.

Luke, I've got one little Wheaten Pene pullet growing out, she's just shy of 4 months old. She's a skinny little thing and is flighty as all get out. She came from a nice colored egg, I would say about a 6 on the Marans scale, which for a Penedesenca I feel is decent. I just hope she calms down a bit as she matures. When and if you do decide to order from Jerry please do let me know. I like he Penedesenca and if you wanted to rehome a few of the chicks I could definitely make room for them.

I wonder if the woman you met at Stockton is the same woman I met a couple of months ago? She lives in Patterson and has Penedesenca, Empordanesa, Buff Leghorns, Blue Andalusians, Black Minorcas, etc. Her birds were all BIG and beautiful.

Good luck with your babies that are still trying to make it out of the shell!
fl.gif
I'm candling my first round of Ameraucana eggs tonight and tomorrow night, then again for the next week. I'll be swamped with chicks by the end of the month. I can't wait!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I don't think my backyard is big enough to hold a bunch or chicken owners
lol.png
It's only about 1/9 of an acre. Big enough for a flock of chickens, but not for a crowd of people.

Jeremy, your Ameraucanas don't happen to be SQ, do they? I can only have one more chicken and I think the best age would be around 8 or so weeks old so that it can be integrated with Aspen and Quinn, or else it would be super lonely.

Last edited:
Quote:
By SQ do you mean show quality? As a breeder I cannot guarantee that the chicks produced by my birds will be show quality, no. Honestly no breeder can guarantee that and if you ever come across one who claims so, I would take my purchases elsewhere because that person isn't being very honest.

What I can tell you is that I sourced my birds from lines that are known to be of a high standard and that I breed my birds to the Ameraucana SOP. I do feel my birds are breeder quality with the potential to produce offspring that would do well at shows. Birds from the same line as mine have been shown before and do well.

I can also tell you that Jean Ribbeck, president of the Ameraucana Breeder's Club, said in her opinion that my rooster Claude would probably do very well if I ever chose to exhibit him.
smile.png

Quote:
By SQ do you mean show quality? As a breeder I cannot guarantee that the chicks produced by my birds will be show quality, no. Honestly no breeder can guarantee that and if you ever come across one who claims so, I would take my purchases elsewhere because that person isn't being very honest.

What I can tell you is that I sourced my birds from lines that are known to be of a high standard and that I breed my birds to the Ameraucana SOP. I do feel my birds are breeder quality with the potential to produce offspring that would do well at shows. Birds from the same line as mine have been shown before and do well.

I can also tell you that Jean Ribbeck, president of the Ameraucana Breeder's Club, said in her opinion that my rooster Claude would probably do very well if I ever chose to exhibit him.
smile.png

clap.gif
Whoa, that's awesome!
ep.gif
I'm sure that's a great honor! Claude must be a beautiful rooster!

And I guess what I meant by "are the chicks show quality" is are the parents show quality. Which it seems they are, from what you say. I wish I had enough land to have as many beautiful chickens as you do
sad.png

Sad news.
sad.png

I lost my Splash Orpington rooster Edmund today. Last night he didn't come to the coop like usual, after searching for him everywhere into the night we still did not find him. This morning he still had not come home, so my hopes were pretty low.

I received a text message a few hours ago from my partner saying he had found him, he had died for reasons that we're not completely sure of. He was found with his neck twisted in an unnatural position, so my best guess is that something must have spooked him in the night, when he was either trying to get away or hid he somehow broke his neck.

I've never felt so terrible before over losing an animal. I loved Edmund as much as I do my dog, he was just like a big puppy. You could walk right up to him and scratch his back and he wouldn't fuss at all.

I feel better because we found him, I plan on burying him in the backyard this evening after I come home from work.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
So sorry, Jeremy.
hit.gif

My animals are family, so I can imagine how you feel. I'm glad you found him. Can you plant a special bush/tree when you bury him? Then you will always have Edmund's Orange or Edmund's Lavender, or whatever you plant. I love being able to say, "There are Lola's Lilies." It makes me feel like she's still here somehow.

Back
Top Bottom