Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
And they will cotinue pooping in their water until they die, LOL!
sickbyc.gif

OH NO!
hit.gif

lau.gif
wow, is that the truth!!
big_smile.png

Kelsey, thanks for the reminder. I used to raise the water containers, but moved them to the run. Now, I can see the water, but they still poop in it. Time to get it off the ground.

Last edited:
I'm up for a BYC meeting in Santa Rosa during the Heritage festival!
cool.png

Got my first blue-ish egg from my March Blehm Wheaten, Scotch! (20 weeks today) Yippee! But, it is not much much darker than my EE's pale green egg. Will they "color up" as she gets laying more regularly?

65263_scotch_first_egg_8-8-2011.jpg

Here's the proud layer and her favorite friend, Norbert!
65263_scotch_and_norbert_july_18_2011.jpg

Congratulations! You correctly guessed the chicken on Greenfire’s website. Yes, it is a Basque hen. (About 200 people got it wrong, including some really smart chicken experts.) So, you win $200 credit at Greenfire Farms. Thanks for participating!

Congrats Cheryl... The Basque hens are beautiful...

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
How exciting!!! Your girl is beautiful! I think that I'm going to have a long wait for my John Blehm Silver Am to lay her first egg. She is so tiny! She is the size of our 13 week old Speckled Sussex chicks.

The Heirloom Expo is being held 9/13-15 TUESDAY - THURSDAY as you guys know... There is a slight chance that I might show some of my breeds, of course then I'd have to be there to coop-in which actually is probably the night before.

Does anyone have certain days that they would like to schedule a meet-up for? I'm hoping that there will be some yummy culinary treats for us to get and maybe have a picnic or sorts? Any ideas? I'm happy to help organize it with someone!

Hello everyone!

I'm in the east bay (Oakland) too and am happy to find other Bay Area chicken folks. Do any Oaklanders (or others if you want to travel) want to have a monthly chicken meetup to share info and socialize?

Best,
Lynn

Back
Top Bottom