BBS Cochin adopt an egg hatch-a-long

Pics
S1--- MochaLatte
S2-- (air cell was wobbly)-- (mochaLatte)
S3--MochaLatte
S4
S5-- Pippinthechicken
S6--- EmmaRainboe
S7--- Lenny Loves Chickens
S8
S9
S10--Featherfeetfarm
S11--(think detached air cell)
S12-- Iluveggers
S13-- Stacaroni
S14
S15--- SilverBirds
S16-- Ilovemychicks08
S17--(think detacihed air cell) Lenny Loves Chickens
S18--Ilovemychicks08
A1 (buff Cochin x Blue Cochin)--- Auntiejessi3
H1 (EE X Blue Cochin)-- (Pippinthechicken)

Still available: S4, S8, S9, S11, S14,

Last edited:
I don't think Nugget got off at all today. She is the one that seems to stay on the most. I have "kicked" her off a few times with out meaning to but if I have to get eggs from under her (if she was out and someone went in and laid before I gave her eggs) or the one time someone went in with her, or when I gave her the eggs etc. then she will run off, and fly out of the coop screaming her head off...... I have to work from 11am-5pm tomorrow so leaving around 10:30 and home around 5:30...... need to figure out if I wait to see if she gets off during the day and if not kick her off for a quick drink and eat when I get home or just kick her off before I go.

Fajita went off today and went back to the wrong box. UGH! She didn't do it before I gave her eggs she always went to her box! Thankfully one went in to lay so was in there for a bit (they weren't in her box when she came back so that wasn't why she went to the wrong one), then right after another went in and laid so the eggs were covered most of the time. I moved her back when I got home. Ditzy did this a few times as well and the eggs were fine so I am not too worried yet but hoping she figures it out.......

Trying to decide when to candle. I won't do all the eggs and part of it will depend on what days I am home that one is off the nest since I don't want to disturb them to candle. But will hopefully be able to peek on Wed (day 4) or Thurs Day 5.... Then again on Fri or Sun (I am not home Sat for most of the day so can't check then.

Back
Top Bottom