Beatiful Siamese Stray..Wish me luck...caught him!

nerfy

Songster
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Western Illinois
My husband had told me of a new cat that started to hang out by our home. I have a colony of TNR cats, for weeks, never saw the "mystery" cat. Asked DH what it looked like,the response was "I dunno, Grayish?"
To make a long story short, I saw him for the first time Sunday.
Went to feed the others tonight, and he was there, a beautiful longer haired siamese. He let me pet him and was tame enough to let me feel he was an intact male. Very young, less than a year. I told my DH about this, it has to be someones cat. He said fine, as long as it don't end up in the house. After all these years, ya'd think he'd know better saying that to me. Just caught him in a trap, he is finishing his tuna. Honestly, I think this cat was dumped. Very skinny. Very loving. In the bathroom now.
Not the best pic, but don't want to freak him out too much. Any siamese experts out there? What type do you think he is?
PICT2036.jpg

Last edited:
Lucky you! I'm currently haunting the petfinder website in search of a siamese after just getting the go ahead from my SO.
If we were closer I'd take that sweet boy off your hands.
Hmmm, color. Darker than my seal point. Not as dark as my chocolate point. So not sure.

He does look like a Seal... but hard to say as it looks like the flash was involved, too. Whatever he is... he's beautiful ..and quite fortunate
wink.png

Enjoy your new kitty!

I would say it had Siamese/Himalayan in it, but the seal points are generally born white with a very light color patterns.
This is my Seal Point Himalayan as a comparison, she is not a pure bred to my knowledge- or not pedigreed (if they use that term in cats)

9241_100_4381.jpg

Keep in mind it can take 18 months for full color to form, Fancy(above and I did not pick her name) is 3 years old.

Either way, I'd snuggle that baby right in under my nose and love him!
big_smile.png

Wow your new found little guy looks like my abandoned orphan kitten I found so young I had to bottle feed. She was so cute & tiny, but has grown to have a large attitude when she wants to at the age of 4yrs, ........typical Siamese.
roll.png
This pic isn't the best cuz she was moving in the photo, and it's taken in dark poor light, but it shows her body & her coloring. She looks more towards a Seal Point. She has blue eyes & is named MiMi. We call her MiMi Girl.
smile.png

2980628001_b4920197a0.jpg

ETA: Spook I LOVE your Cat, how beautiful! Anytime I've ever had a kitten look 'similar' it'd always grow out of the longer hair by the time they were grown.
hmm.png
But ya gotta love 'em anyway. But that's the hair length I Love.
smile.png

Last edited:
Lucky you, I saw a siamese wandering around recently. Had a black cat in my backyard last week and let him in for a bit. Very friendly, but I can only have 2 animals where I'm at. I've already got 1 dog and 1 cat and no chickens.
sad.png

You all have such pretty kitties!
Thanks for all the responses. Took him to the vet hoping he had a microchip, no such luck. The vet assistant thinks he's 3 or 4 years old from the looks of his teeth. He is so skinny every back bone and rib can be felt. Next step is to call local shelters and such to see if anyone reported him missing.
Also post some signs.
DH is not a happy camper right now. Very miffed because I brought him in. Been through this many times! Kitty seems pretty happy though! Here's another pic without the flash.
He is lighter them the pic, but being the typical cat, is not staying very still. Will try later for a better pic.
PICT2071-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom