Bedding disposal after permethrin powder application

WhiteWyan

Songster
May 17, 2017
Ulster Park
I usually dump my old shavings in the woods... But with the Coop Dust I'm afraid I'm going to poison the land and animals.

What do I do with this bedding?? What have you done with coop dusted bedding?

Bag it and trash it....?

I usually dump my old shavings in the woods... But with the Coop Dust I'm afraid I'm going to poison the land and animals. What do I do with this bedding?? What have you done with coop dusted bedding? Bag it and trash it....?

It should be burned or bagged and removed from your property... I would not be concerned about the permethrin in the bedding. What I would be concerned about is the fact that there will still be plenty of live mites and eggs to continue the next round of infestation.

Good question. Permethrin at least the liquid spray variety (usually sold in 10% and 40% concentrations) is not some big bad Boggy man that is going to make all your children be born naked or something equally as bad. Liquid Permethrin concentrate will degrade and lose its effectiveness in 30 days or less after being deployed and become non-toxic and there is no build up or residue. remember that folks have been using this insecticide in its less effective but natural form (Pyretherim powder) for almost 1,000 years and so far no negative consequences have been noted. Well almost no negative consequences other than Napoleon Bonaparte's defeat in Russia and at Waterloo. I say this because Napoleon used 100% natural, organic, pure Pyrethrum powder to delouse his troops, and that didn't turn out too well for Napoleon or for the French Grand Army did it?

I guess people in the OMG the Sky Is Falling Industrial Complex will now take a second look at history and proclaim that if it were not for Napoleon sprinkling dried & crushed marigold and chrysanthemum petals into his army's underwear that the United Kingdom and the Former Soviet Union would today both speak perfect French. That's the highest and purest form of humor folks, its called sarcasm.

Last edited:
I only say this because the label has some very serious warnings about applying it (the powder form that I bought called poultry dust). It says not to apply on a windy or a rainy day. This is because the dust could blow away or wash away and kill honey bees, aquatic invertebrates like crustaceans, and also it causes seizures in cats.

Thank you all for the input. I've decided I'm going to bag it and bring it to the dump.

I wonder what horrid toxin I have been exposed to? BOTH of my children were born naked.

Lazy, evidently you and or your significant other have been contaminated with Di Hydrogen Monoxide. The correlation between your children being born naked and exposure to this dangerous chemical used in the pesticide and the Nuclear Power industry is too pervasive to be ignored. Now virtually all the rivers, and lakes in Maine are full of it and it is even beginning to show up in the food supply.

Back
Top Bottom