BEE STING ON HENS FACE!!!

cxztii

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2023
I was at my sisters house for the weekend and I took my chickens with me because I have no one to take care of them. But the thing is my sister lives in a area with lots of trees and dirt so there is a lot of bugs. We we’re getting all our things to go back home and went to get my chickens when I noticed my hens face was SWOLLEN. Im not sure if it’s a bee sting but I know for a fact it’s not a infection or anything else. I’m just worried because I’ve seen it can be dangerous and clog their air way so im wondering if someone can help me with this, please and thank you 🙏

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 85
Dosage of Benadryl for chickens is 2-4 mg per Kg (each 2.2 pound) once every 12 hours. That might help given once if it is caused by a sting. Can you get a clear picture of the eye? Are there any bubbles or white material in the corner of the eye? Have you added any new birds recently?

Sadly I don’t have any Benadryl to give her :(
Where are you located in the world?

It's been a couple of days since your initial post, so if this was caused by a bee sting, it the swelling should be getting better.

Can you post an updated photo of what she looks like now?

Benadryl is the name brand for the drug Diphenhydramine. You can find this at Walmart, CVS, The Dollar Tree, etc. under the name "Benadryl" or a lot of time as generic store brand which usually says "allergy relief" (usually a pink box) but you Must read the ingredient label and make sure that Diphenhydramine is the only active ingredient.

It's been a couple of days since your initial post, so if this was caused by a bee sting, it the swelling should be getting better.

Benadryl is the name brand for the drug Diphenhydramine. You can find this at Walmart, CVS, The Dollar Tree, etc. under the name "Benadryl" or a lot of time as generic store brand which usually says "allergy relief" (usually a pink box) but you Must read the ingredient label and make sure that Diphenhydramine is the only active ingredient.
Does benadryl make chickens act sleepy and a little loopy like it does people? Just curious since I've never had to use it on a chicken. I know when I have to take it myself I'm zonked out for hours.

Does benadryl make chickens act sleepy and a little loopy like it does people? Just curious since I've never had to use it on a chicken. I know when I have to take it myself I'm zonked out for hours.
Possible, that's why you need to be correct with dosing and usually it's only give once to chickens.

Benadryl makes me drowsy too.

So sorry for not responding I’ve been really busy. Chica is doing great, the swelling is mostly almost gone and she hasn’t been acting strange or anything right now so yay! Thank you and everyone who helped. The swelling went away by itself I just put a bit of ointment on it a couple times a night and now she’s looking good😊

Back
Top Bottom