Before and after coop build

fatsGREENgarden

Songster
May 31, 2020
South Central Pennsylvania
My Coop
My Coop
We bought a small coop from tractor supply with the intentions of building our own down the road. Basically if we enjoyed having chickens, then we would build them a more permanent one.
Eight months of chicken keeping and we were ready to build the coop of our chickens’ dreams.
*We are blessed that the majority of wood came free from friends -always ask before buying-you never know who has a shed full of unused wood!
*Color choice wasn’t ours, but we couldn’t pass up that clearance paint! We actually like the colors and have named our coop “The Clucking Cabana”
What does everyone think?
28DD24AB-A33B-484E-A9BA-157F712B97F4.jpeg

I admit for me this was the biggest factor (well that, and we needed more space for more birds lol). It was such a pain bending down/stooping to cleaning the old coop, my back always hurt afterwards.

Totally agree. It’s back breaking leaning down to scoop poop. The small coop has a pull out drawer for “easy cleaning.” Good thought, but the drawer is a pain to get in and out. And when we switched to sand, the drawer was then impossible to move.
New coop is taller and has a large door that opens to the roost. We put a lot of thought into this coop. I researched BYC (and pinterest) for weeks before building and got a ton of good tips :)

Back
Top Bottom