Before you bite into that holiday ham...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that there have got to be more effective and reasonable ways to bring about changes in the meat processing industry than we are seeing in this country. Whatever is happening is obviously not working, or not as well as it should. At least some groups have apparently evolved into a position of, don't eat meat, making them largely ineffective. Too many people are simply not going to stop eating meat.

And, in the end, Ghandi said a mouthful there.

They don't keep them like that the whole time - those are farrowing crates - farrowing means producing a litter of pigs, they aren't kept like that at other times.

Quote:
That's good. I didn't think they did. Figured it was shown to garner attention. If they crush the piglets then you can't blame the producers for wanting to keep that from happening. I guess in nature they just lose a few.

Any report or video from that group I automatically assume is "Hogwash" Didn't help them any when they stuck those frames of dead piglets an that one of a pig being put down. Just proved to me that they after a reaction an not about showing the truth.

These AR folks could come to most any of us 'backyard' chicken raisers and film enough and piece it together to make it look like home egg and chicken meat raising is hell on earth for our birds. Keep than in mind when you watch any of their videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom