ChicksR4Me

Songster
11 Years
Dec 1, 2008
North East Indiana
No pips
sad.png
Nothing
How big is the air sack suposed to be at this point?

Quote:
I have a homemade styrafoam cooler bator. I'm using 40 watt light bulb hooked to a hot water heater thermostate. Light comes on at 98-99 and kicks off at about 102. I raised humidity on day 18 to around 75. I have a fan to circulate the heat and it is a slow fan. Seems just enough to slightly move the air, it blows over the light towards the thermostat. the thermomoter and hygrometer is on the side of the eggs. I'm getting a picture.. will send shortly

well It looks like they might just delay a little bit maybe a day. So don't worry there is still hope. You can go and open the bator and chandle the egg and see if they are alive or dead. But just make sure you do it quick!

19308_dscn0188.jpg

It's not as pretty as missprissy's but I think it's pretty much the same concept.

I candled the evening before day 18 and there was movement in all seven eggs. Maybe I will candle again..

More importantly, WHEN did you start counting the days?

If you counted the first day you put them in the incubator, then YOU are a day ahead of the chicks. If you started counting 24 hours after they were put in the bator, then they are truly a day late.

Yup, they're late.

Perhaps your thermostat was off.

Also, I would have had the thermostat turn off at 101, not 102.... and wafers can be iffy.

as you can see they are in the egg carton still. I read somewhere on here that is a good thing. But now i'm wondering if I should take them out and lay them down but don't want to if it will mess them up since they've been sitting like this. I took the turner out on day 18.

Back
Top Bottom