Belgian Bearded Mille Fleur d'Uccles? PICS pg 7

i have porcelain d'uccles and I love them. On doing some research I came across a picture of a mille fluer d'uccles and I fell in love.I really really really want to have some, the problem is finding someone around where I live that has any. So far I haven't had any luck. If anyone knows anyone in the north alabama area that has them, send 'em my way
big_smile.png

For show quality. you look for every feather to have a doubleteardrop. a black and white marking. The fewer teardrops, the lower quality they are. That doesn;t make them any less beautiful or personable. They're a great breed! (Must also have beard/Muffs and feathered legs.

So for show quality, every feather has a teardrop. That seems to me it would have a lot of white. But someone earlier posted that a lot of white is no good. I'm going to post updated pics of my two mfd tomorrow. I'd appreciate your insight JulianMatt

So for show quality, every feather has a teardrop. That seems to me it would have a lot of white. But someone earlier posted that a lot of white is no good. I'm going to post updated pics of my two mfd tomorrow. I'd appreciate your insight JulianMatt
Yep, that's correct...since only the bottom 1/4 of the feather is white, you should still see lots of brown and black on the bird as well, with white spots.

I have two roos and wish I had some hens for them.

This is French Fry

This is French Fry's brother, Egg McMuffin. They hatched on February 19, 2013

They are really sweet boys. Out of the 6 eggs hatched, all were roosters.
What are the odds of that???

Back
Top Bottom