Best antibiotics for turkeys?

was told I should post on here instead :)
Got a sick poult, I do not think she has cocci because I’ve been treating with corid and there’s no improvement. What is a good antibiotic tablet/powder/liquid I can give it? Thanks so much

Is this a pet turkey? Is a vet an option?

If mine, this is what I would give:
  • Metronidazole for blackhead - 23 mg per pound orally once a day for five days.
  • Baytril (enrofloxacin) for E.coli - 7 mg per pound orally twice a day for 3-5 days.
  • Baycox (toltrazuril) for coccidiosis - 10 mg per pound orally once a day for 2-3 days.
  • Safeguard (fenbendazole) for cecal worms - 23 mg per pound orally once. Repeat in 10 days.

Is this a pet turkey? Is a vet an option?

If mine, this is what I would give:
  • Metronidazole for blackhead - 23 mg per pound orally once a day for five days.
  • Baytril (enrofloxacin) for E.coli - 7 mg per pound orally twice a day for 3-5 days.
  • Baycox (toltrazuril) for coccidiosis - 10 mg per pound orally once a day for 2-3 days.
  • Safeguard (fenbendazole) for cecal worms - 23 mg per pound orally once. Repeat in 10 days.
It is a pet, a sadly a vet is not an option. No exotic/farm vets around me. Thank you for your suggestions! I will look into getting it some medication :)

It is a pet, a sadly a vet is not an option. No exotic/farm vets around me. Thank you for your suggestions! I will look into getting it some medication :)
Can you post some picturs of the poult and its poop? Do you have a food scale that you can weigh it on?

And what's its body score?
1695657323912.png

Can you post some picturs of the poult and its poop? Do you have a food scale that you can weigh it on?

And what's its body score?
View attachment 3644970
yes I can!! here’s the baby. It hasn’t pooped yet, it’s out roaming with its mama but I will send a pic asap. I do not have a scale, but it has lost a good amount of weight, it’s pretty light. It’s happy and eats and drinks fine, but still losing weight. It’s also 1 month old, will be two months on the 31st. For body score, I would say 2, close to 1
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

yes I can!! here’s the baby. It hasn’t pooped yet, it’s out roaming with its mama but I will send a pic asap. I do not have a scale, but it has lost a good amount of weight, it’s pretty light. It’s happy and eats and drinks fine, but still losing weight. It’s also 1 month old, will be two months on the 31st. For body score, I would say 2, close to 1
Alright here’s it’s poop, sorry if it’s hard to see in the grass
image.jpg
image.jpg

Start weighing the poult daily. Once they lose too much weight, it's almost impossible for them to recover.

Alright here’s it’s poop, sorry if it’s hard to see in the grass
image.jpg
image.jpg
That looks like coccidiosis poop. Do you have liquid or powdered Corid?

Start weighing the poult daily. Once they lose too much weight, it's almost impossible for them to recover.

That looks like coccidiosis poop. Do you have liquid or powdered Corid?
I have a little bit of liquid, almost out, but I can definitely buy some more. I will try and get a scale also :) would a digital work?

Back
Top Bottom