Best Automatic Turner/Incubator for Goose Eggs

CluckNDoodle

Hatchaholic
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 12, 2019
Georgia
I agreed to hatch goslings because I can't seem to say no anymore. :rolleyes: I love hatching chicks so much that it has become an addiction. So now I'm hoping for some opinions on buying another incubator. Lol
I've been really happy with my Nurture Right 360 incubators but I think it would require that I hand turn goose eggs due to the size of the eggs, and I may actually have too many eggs for the smaller incubator.
I've been looking at the Incuview and the bigger Magicfly as a couple of options that look like they would work for automatic turning of goose eggs but the more I read the less inclined I feel to get either of them...any preference out there for incubators specifically to hatch goslings?
Should I just give in and use my styrofoam Little Giant and hand turn them in there? :idunno At least I know they'll all fit in there.
Thanks in advance!

I Have A Hova-bator Forced Air Incubator. I Love Mine For Goose Eggs , I Just Hatched 14 Pomeranian Geese , Although I Do Hand Turn All My Goose Eggs.
I always go for HovaBators.

I've read many people advise goose eggs are always best hand turned.

Thank you both! I'll go ahead and hand turn them then! Any preference to number of times turned throughout the day? I've always used an automatic turner for my chicken eggs so this will be my first time for geese and for hand turning! Any advice is welcome! Thank you!

At least 3 is usually recommended. An odd number, if possible, so as not to leave the same direction every overnight. So 3, 5, 7, etc.

Ok, I can do that! I'm usually home most days anyway. I have another question for you goose experts. The goose eggs just arrived and they're much dirtier than I'm accustomed to seeing with my chicken eggs...do I clean them?

DSC_0005.JPG

For Goose Eggs They Don't Look That Bad. Goose Eggs Are Usually Dirty Even Though My Geese Have Clean Areas To Lay I Always Find Some Dirty Ones .

LOL! Ok good to know! I just carefully got some of the grass off and set the eggs with X's and O's! I decided to use my Nurture Right 360 just because my experiences have been so good and all 13 BIG eggs just barely fit in there so if I'm fortunate enough to get all 13 to lockdown I'll separate them into 2 incubators or set them in the styrofoam incubator for lockdown. Thank you so the fast responses! The countdown to hatching begins! :love

5-16-19 Goose Eggs (2).JPG 5-16-19 Goose Eggs (3).JPG

Back
Top Bottom