Best bunny breeds

I think I'm going to get a harlequin! I've heard boy rabbits are a little friendlier, do you know if that is true?
Nice! Sometimes I look for harlequins online at nearby shelters even though I'm not getting another rabbit right now. It's a bad idea lol 😅

I honestly don't know? It's hard to say. I've had 2 boys, a mini rex and lionhead, as you've heard from my other post. One is grouchy/grumpy and the other was so sweet and friendly. My harlie doe was very sweet, a little shy, but loved to chill and hang out with me once she was out of the hutch or run.
I know some people say one or the other, but I'm more inclined to just see what each individual rabbit's personality is. I think both sexes can be very nice and friendly, but again, it can depend. At least that's been my small experience with 3 rabbits, and from what I've gathered hearing about other peoples' buns online. It can also change I believe with whether or not they are fixed. All my rabbits are/have been fixed.

I have two rabbits right now. One is a Polish Dwarf (Chili), and the other is a Lionhead/Dutch mix (Chumly). They are both super sweet and cuddly, and have amazing personalities. They are great with kids, and love to be held. I can hold them for over an hour sometimes, and they only want to leave when they have to go toilet.
I also had another bunny, a Holland Lop mix (Angelina). She was an absolute darling. Incredibly sweet and cuddly, and amazing with kids. She traveled around the whole country with us. She was almost 9 when she passed away.

The Polish Dwarf
View attachment 2976278

The Lionhead/Dutch mix
View attachment 2976281

The Holland Lop mix
View attachment 2976282
They are so cute! The polish dwarf is beautiful!

What a cutie! :love If he is at a shelter, you might be able to make an appointment to meet him. Then you could see if he matches the personality you are looking for.
He is at a shelter but it's more than a hour away, if I do decide to get him I am thinking I will meet him first and if he's not the right personality I will not get him! But if I love him I will probably get him!!!!

Hello! I've had a few bunnies and might be able to add some hopefully helpful insight.

I have a Lion head; he's been with me for nearly ten years now. I love him but he's a big grouch, nippy at times, not very snuggly. I can't say that's the typical attitude of lion heads, but I have heard similar stories about other lion heads, so it's one thing to consider. Lion (very creative name, I know--but to be fair I was ten when I named him lol!) can actually be pretty sweet, especially as I've known him for so long, but he definitely doesn't always like to be held/snuggled.

I had a mini rex, too, who was the sweetest thing. He loved to chill with you and snuggle. I think they're usually a pretty sweet breed, but I honestly don't know much about them. I know Peanut, my mini rex, was just so sweet and friendly.

I also had a harlequin, who I just recently lost. I loved her so much, she was such a shy, sweet thing. Very snuggly and loving. I did some research on the breed actually because I was curious and apparently their traits are known to be sweet, friendly, and can be a good family pet. I know my Pumpkin liked to be held, was sweet and funny, and honestly fit the descriptions I saw online of typical harlequin behavior.

But what I like to say about rabbits, is that each rabbit is an individual and unique, so it may not fit the breed standards or match up like you may expect 100% of the time. Some rabbits might be different and all have their own personalities. Definitely look for a good breed that will suite you, but also make sure the exact bunny you get fits you too! :)

Good luck with your search and hope I was a help!

Back
Top Bottom