bunny biting

I know this is a chicken site but i have a Holland lop rabbit and it is biting alot I don't want to get the rabbit fixed, because i want to breed him.He is around ten months old. Does anyone have ideas?
Hello! Does he just bite people, or does he chew on lots of things? What is his diet like? Is he otherwise friendly? When does he bite you? Thanks!

Is he very friendly? Does he go out of his way to bite- or just curious? Usually 4 months and younger they will chew out of curiosity like a puppy- but ten months? I would lean towards aggression.

he chews on every thing including people, i had him in a smaller cage and he almost completely destroyed it. he has hay and premium southern states rabbit food, and a ton of sticks. he bites whenever he can get skin.

he lunges forward to get at me.
This is an aggressive rabbit.

I breed Mini Lops- focusing on type, color, and most importantly, personality. I would not keep this rabbit- but if there's a specific color or type you are trying to get out of him, that is understandable. I have had one particularly aggressive doe, who I did put down last summer- I held back two of her kits who thankfully inherited their fathers personality. You will want to handle his offspring a lot.
Dispositions can be bred down, and passed on from parents.

Back
Top Bottom