Best color for coop interior?

One Lucky Momma

Chicken Kisser
Apr 25, 2020
Marshall, NC
Initially I thought leaving the interior walls unpainted was best but have since read that sealing the walls helps deter mites and, if mites were to become an issue, they would be more visible on a painted wall.

This is a serious question. Are some colors better than others for coop interiors? I’m thinking a sunny yellow or restful blue, but I’m wide open to suggestions, especially if anyone has read research on the subject. Beyond color, I’m thinking a glossy finish and VOC free since the birds have already moved in. I have a few days to decide - the VOC free goes on sale for 30% off this Friday. Thank goodness.

Last edited:
Whatever's on the 'whoops paint' shelf at the paint store, light color, that you can live with yourself. :p Or something that you have on the paint shelf in your basement. And soon, before the walls are so grungy that it will be hard to make anything stick.
Sorry, I think it's kinda funny, don't over think it!
I did buy an actual color for the outside of my coop, true confessions here, and used it on some of the inside walls too. The rest of the interior is going to be light gray, sorta, left over from my house wall color. It's all solid stain, not paint, because it does go over old wood easier. Very old wood.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom