Best coop light with timer? No remotes!

Honestly when i was first training my chickens they got stuck outside a few times. I have an automatic door that has a photosensitive??? timer. I just made it stay open a little longer. Still had a few mishaps that i attributed to the coop being too dark. So if they were not in I had a light that harbor freight gave me for free that I hung in the coop. I would reach in and turn it on. Then in an hour or so i would go back out and close the pop door and turn off the light once i seen they were all perched up for the night. They are all good girls now and get their butts on the roosts at a decent time now. As long as i or my son do not go down and disturb their routine they will be all settled in by dark and thats when we go do a final check (mostly unneccesary anymore).

Here is a solar powered light with a timer and remote. I'd imagine after setting the timer, you probably wouldn't really need to use the remote.

https://www.amazon.com/CCGKX-Rechargeable-Hurricane-Emergency-300lm-2pack/dp/B09JN3Q97P/ref=sr_1_5?crid=THS1B4G5ZO7H&keywords=solar+powered+timer&qid=1672598274&sprefix=solar+powered+timer,aps,130&sr=8-5
Nope. This you cannot program. You must manually do it each day or leave it on 24/7 which is harmful to the flock.

I’ve had this flock for about a year. The prior flock I had before this one (wiped out by an attack) was smarter and would coop themselves in them evening, this flock not so much so I need lighting in the evening. I have 2 windows in the coop.

I would like the light so for the nights I’m unable to let them out to free range they will put themselves up from their run.

I’ve searched online for lights but the only thing I can find is remote controlled. I meant to state earlier they don’t necessarily have to be solar but I would prefer it.
I got a led light bulb with a built it timer off Amazon. It can stay on for 2, 4 or 6 hours before it turns off then comes on the same time every night. I have it to give them a couple hours of light in the winter so they keep m laying eggs longer. I have a light socket on the ceiling of my coop.

Back
Top Bottom