Best dewormer for general use?

Pics
Exactly!

Worming preventatively can create resistance.
Does anyone know how long it takes for a wormer to create resistance? I've been using Valbazen and Safeguard liquid goat wormer for years, and I worm monthly. No resistance yet.
The only resistance I've seen is Ivermectin pour on from my personal experience.

Does anyone know how long it takes for a wormer to create resistance? I've been using Valbazen and Safeguard liquid goat wormer for years, and I worm monthly. No resistance yet.
The only resistance I've seen is Ivermectin pour on from personal experience.
If you're using the correct dosage and not under-dosing, and you're following up with the second dose in 10 days like you're supposed to, that should minimize resistance. Otherwise, I think the only way you'll know for sure is if you take before and after fecals and see if it's getting them all.

If you're using the correct dosage and not under-dosing, and you're following up with the second dose in 10 days like you're supposed to, that should minimize resistance. Otherwise, I think the only way you'll know for sure is if you take before and after fecals and see if it's getting them all.
Thank you. I already know this, I never under dose. :)

The only resistance I've seen is Ivermectin pour on from my personal experience.
Gotta ask doesn’t that impact your eggs greatly? I mean with the withdrawal period doesn’t that limit the eggs your able to eat? I just wormed mine and am doing the follow up dose this weekend.
My timing was way off. I had intended to dose as the egg production would slow down due to daylight and temperatures. My girls are still laying strong. I’ll keep the eggs to refeed them. So I’m kinda fuzzy how that works (withdrawals period) with monthly worming.

Gotta ask doesn’t that impact your eggs greatly? I mean with the withdrawal period doesn’t that limit the eggs your able to eat? I just wormed mine and am doing the follow up dose this weekend.
My timing was way off. I had intended to dose as the egg production would slow down due to daylight and temperatures. My girls are still laying strong. I’ll keep the eggs to refeed them. So I’m kinda fuzzy how that works (withdrawals period) with monthly worming.
You lose about a month. Don't refeed the eggs, that will just be prolonging it.

You lose about a month. Don't refeed the eggs, that will just be prolonging it.
Yes thank you I will only refeed during the period between the first dose. Then the 2nd withdrawal eggs after that go to my dogs. But monthly worming would kind of defeat the purpose to me... of having chickens. I love the eggs. You must have a hecka problem with worms.
This is the first time in 3 years that I’m going to worm mine. No I didn’t do a fecal test. My closest vet (3 hours away) won’t do it by mail. They thought I was kinda crazy for asking.
I’ve been having a little poopy butt that I’ve never had before (it’s hard to describe) so I thought I’d worm them and see if it resolves it self.
Thanks for your reply

Back
Top Bottom