Best EVER quail feeder *UPDATE #46*

Pics
I hope Jim still makes these feeders, they work great. The only waste is when I over fill them.

I put a 2X4 piece of wood next to mine for the small or young birds to stand on and reach the food.

I also use the nipple waterer to keep the water clean. 1 Gallon will last about a week in a pen with 8 birds.

Quote:
I keep al l my feed in plastic totes and I always fill my feeders while they are in the tote so I don't spill any. I have a feeder that is virtually waste free and I make them out of plastic containers. If not done right they can be a disaster but I now have very little waste and with some of the quail I have one. Some still manage to dig it out with their beak no matter how high I make it.

Anyway. good luck with this ne design. The guy that makes them should get a patent on them before somebody else does.

Quote:
I have pens with 15 and 20 birds. The nipple waters are the only way to keep them with water. And it's great for clean water. They just love to poop in the water.

Quote:
I have pens with 15 and 20 birds. The nipple waters are the only way to keep them with water. And it's great for clean water. They just love to poop in the water.

My bobs seem to ONLY poop in the water, not really but it feels this way. I have never used any other waterer but the ones that sit on the floor. Is it possible to implement another water system such as the bottles?

Yes, even older quail will learn to use nipple or bottle waterers. I put a saucer with water in it under the spout. Usually by the time the saucer was empty, they have managed to find out how the waterer works. Once one gets the hang of it, they all figure it out.

I love his feeders! I have some for my button quail cages
smile.png

I hope Jim still makes these feeders, they work great. The only waste is when I over fill them.

I put a 2X4 piece of wood next to mine for the small or young birds to stand on and reach the food.

I also use the nipple waterer to keep the water clean. 1 Gallon will last about a week in a pen with 8 birds.

May I ask what did you use to make your waterer?

Back
Top Bottom