Best food for a mixed flock?

My Kalmback Flock raiser or whatever it's called is for ducks and chickens.

1709046581732.png
1709046619826.png

I haven’t heard of Kalmbachs. I just looked it up, and I found a few stores in Northern Ohio! Would you recommend it over Purina @Debbie292d?
I switched to it after getting upset with TSC being out of stock of Dumor crumbles. We can't get it anywhere around here so I order it off of Chewy. It's considered a premium feed, but I don't know that it's that much different. You could try a bag once and see how your chickens like it? They really like ours! We go 50/50 with the all flock stuff and Kalmbach's layer feed.

Also, I’m seriously thinking of changing to pellet bedding. What brand do you recommend?
We get ours in 40# bags at TSC for $8. It takes 3 bags for a 12 x 5' coop. We change it in the spring.

For the brooder, we have to change it once a month.

Attachments

• Pellets 2.gif
    Pellets 2.gif
    55.5 KB · Views: 2
I switched to it after getting upset with TSC being out of stock of Dumor crumbles. We can't get it anywhere around here so I order it off of Chewy. It's considered a premium feed, but I don't know that it's that much different. You could try a bag once and see how your chickens like it? They really like ours! We go 50/50 with the all flock stuff and Kalmbach's layer feed.
Thank you for the suggestion! I think I’ll get some and see if they like it. I didn’t know chewy has it. Ordering from there for the dogs all of the time. I like to try different products for my chickens, turkeys, and quail… especially when some start acting a little picky.

Back
Top Bottom