Best medium capacity incubator for quails?

702Quails

Chirping
May 31, 2019
I'm looking for an incubator for quail eggs that has a capacity of at least 100 eggs and is reliable. I'm using a Little Giant forced air incubator w/ quail rails (120 eggs) and a Rite Farm 1200 incubator (48 eggs). I incubate 40 jumbo eggs and 20 button quail eggs a week in the Little Giant incubator and transfer them to the Rite Farm incubator for lockdown. The Little Giant incubator egg turner works good, but the incubator doesn't keep the temperature consistent. I don't want another one of those.

I've seen a 288 quail egg capacity plastic 2-tier incubator on Ebay, but people have complained that they're very poor quality. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-28...Auto-Turner-Auto-Alarm-110V-50HZ/123938273991 Has anyone used one of those?

Last edited:
You can find a lot of cabinet incubators for less than $300 on craigslist and FB marketplace, but you rarely find them for $200 or less. Best time to buy them is after hatching season though. I would buy a used cabinet but if I couldn't find one I would build one. You would need an STC-2000 controller, computer fans, gqf heating element, GQF humidity kit, and hovabator quail egg turners. Just need a cabinet, ice chest, or a mini fridge. All that can be done for less than $200.

If you're not up to building one I'm sure someone else will come along and suggest the best Styrofoam or plastic alternative....

Another alternative is replacing the thermostat in your little giant with the $10 STC 2000 controller. Should keep your temp rock solid. This is the cheapest option if you're okay with the capacity of your little giant....

Last edited:
It's at the edge of your price range. But you can use the LG Turner in it. Look at a hovabator 1588 genesis. I have used them in the past and they hold temp well. 100 time better than an LG imho.

If your handy found this on youtube.

I'm looking for an incubator for quail eggs that has a capacity of at least 100 eggs and is reliable. I'm using a Little Giant forced air incubator w/ quail rails (120 eggs) and a Rite Farm 1200 incubator (48 eggs). I incubate 40 jumbo eggs and 20 button quail eggs a week in the Little Giant incubator and transfer them to the Rite Farm incubator for lockdown. The Little Giant incubator egg turner works good, but the incubator doesn't keep the temperature consistent. I don't want another one of those.

I've seen a 288 quail egg capacity plastic 2-tier incubator on Ebay, but people have complained that they're very poor quality. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-28...Auto-Turner-Auto-Alarm-110V-50HZ/123938273991 Has anyone used one of those?

I had one of these and it only lasted 4 hatches before burning out and hatches not great either :(

I now have one called Real 24 - borotto incubator made in Italy and it is fantastic. Usually around 75-80 hatch out of 96. I did on one occasion have 87 hatch.

Mine holds 96 quail eggs but they do a larger one holding over 200. The one I have cost around £160 - not sure the conversion rate.

You can also buy a separate attachment to control humidity :)

This is a video on it in case you are interested

Back
Top Bottom