Best place to buy pine shaving?

iluv...

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 4, 2010
California
Currently I get mine from Walmart. Usually I'll buy the 2 cu ft which will expand to 4 cu ft for under $8.
I wondering is that cheap or expensive and also where do everyone else get their's from?
I live in the East Bay, so where is the best place to get it from?

Last edited:
10 cubit feet for 9.00 at the farmers co op, but i recently found out on here that i can use the 137,000 tons of pine straw in my yard as bedding, and since i have 13 year old son... well you do the math
ya.gif

Walmart generally isn't the best place to buy pine shavings since they tend to cater to small pet owners who are used to paying more than farmers would be willing to for things like bedding. Your best bet is usually to find a feed or farm supply store and buy the bale of pine shavings for horses. I usually get 7cu feet from the feed store where I buy my dog and cat food for around $6. Last weekend I snagged a bale from Farm and Fleet on sale for $3! Look in the yellow pages under Farm Equipment dealers and suppliers or Feed Dealers and call around to see who has the best prices in your area.

petfooddirect.com ships my aspen bedding every couple of months. The Lady pays for it, but I think it's about $10 per 4 CF, and with the 20% coupon the shipping is just about free.

I can go to Petco here in NYC and pay $18 for a bale if I need it in a hurry.

B

Back
Top Bottom