Best place to purchase egg cartons???

I havent ordered yet but will use eggcartons.com. Last year at our Spring Fling for a local chicken group they donated TONS of cartons and were awesome to us. For me saving a few cents if somewhere else is cheaper wouldnt matter after how generous they were with our group.

Nancy

Quote:
my customers do not read the cartons. they empty them and give them back for refills.. I am still happily buying and using my free and 2 cent cartons..

Hi,

I also buy from eggcartons.com but I get the clear plastic Ovotherm ones to discourage people from opening the cartons to inspect the eggs. DH is too busy working to help with the chickens so I do it all, feeding, watering, cleaning the coops, and generally keeping on top of things.

So I feel I work too hard to have someone break my eggs by handling them carelessly. It's bad enough that I haven't broken even yet (forget about making a profit!) but I don't want to make it worse by losing eggs on top of it! At least I do get some money toward my feed.

The plastic cartons are more expensive but they work very well. It works out better with the shipping if you order 100 or more at a time. I haven't done that yet but I will the next time I need to order. I have not yet had anyone open a carton! So my eggs remain untouched and, therefore, intact.

Besides that, so many people around here are very skeptical about buying fresh eggs (as opposed to OLD supermarket eggs)
roll.png
that I think it is best that I present them as professionally as possible. I'd be just as happy to put them in cheaper pulp cartons but I would probably lose half of my customers.

I know this is not the route most people choose, but it works for me. Good luck in choosing your egg cartons and your source!
smile.png
Genie

there is an alternative package for eggs.. when I was just a young lad, the mom and pop stores just put the eggs into a brown paper bag..

anybody else remember that??

I learned how ride my bike the half mile without breaking any.
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom