Best wormer

Bo-Peep

In the Brooder
Oct 18, 2023
Hi there, new to this group. Used to have chickens and ducks, now just have 1 peacock who came to live with me 6 years ago. He is free ranging, roosts on the fence in the garden at night and the shed during the day if the weather is bad. He has sometime got runny white poop. Vet says it's a sign of worms. They took a sample and yes he had worms. Gave me panacure to give him orally. He wasn't happy with me catching him and putting it into his mouth. Only managed 2 doses out of 4. Question - is there an easier way to worm one individual free ranging peacock. We are in the Highlands of Scotland btw. 😊🦚

I like albendazole and fenbendazole best, both work very well. If you can get Safeguard for Goats the dosage is three ml per day for five days then repeat in ten days to get all types of worms. You can either put it in an amount of food he will eat in a short amount of time or sop up pieces of bread and feed it as a treat.

I like albendazole and fenbendazole best, both work very well. If you can get Safeguard for Goats the dosage is three ml per day for five days then repeat in ten days to get all types of worms. You can either put it in an amount of food he will eat in a short amount of time or sop up pieces of bread and feed it as a treat.
Wonderful, thank you! He loves banana bread. Comes into the kitchen for a slice most days. I will get some of that stuff and put it on the banana bread 👍😊

We don't have the Safeguard brand here and I'd be fairly sure it's not available in Scotland either but it's basically just the most widely known brand of Fenbendazole in the US. There are lots of other Fenbendazole wormers here with different branding. I just had a look and Panacur is Fenbendazole so the wormer your vet prescribed is the ideal thing, no need to buy anything different. I also always give it in the food. It will go into his banana bread no problem.

Hi there, new to this group. Used to have chickens and ducks, now just have 1 peacock who came to live with me 6 years ago. He is free ranging, roosts on the fence in the garden at night and the shed during the day if the weather is bad. He has sometime got runny white poop. Vet says it's a sign of worms. They took a sample and yes he had worms. Gave me panacure to give him orally. He wasn't happy with me catching him and putting it into his mouth. Only managed 2 doses out of 4. Question - is there an easier way to worm one individual free ranging peacock. We are in the Highlands of Scotland btw. 😊🦚
Hello. What dosage of the panacur was you giving him?

Back
Top Bottom