Betta Experts?(PIC)

O ok thank you all
big_smile.png

Bubble nest is good - coins in aquarium, not so good. US currency (well - most coin currency in the world) has different types of metals that will eventually leech into the water, thus harming the fish over time. When you add water chemicals like Prime to remove chlorine and chloramine, you're also helping remove heavy metals, so you wouldn't want to add to the problem with coins.

Quote:
Female betta's always have a certain number of eggs inside of them though it takes really good healthy food and warm clean water to get them in the breeding mood. Believe it or not the female is actually the easiest part, its getting the males in good condition that takes a little effort. They need all of the above only longer because of all the energy he uses up (He's practically does all the work
wink.png
)

conditioning betta's for breeding is the easy part, both males and females, females have an "egg plug" in her vent when she's ready to breed, she will also be plump, males have to build, and consistantly maintain a bubble nest.

it's getting them to breed that's the tricky part, I've been successful ONCE(kinda
hide.gif
), and when I wasn't even trying
roll.png
I had a male and female in a 10 gallon tank, and boom, I caught them spawning one day
big_smile.png
...then one night getting home late I wasn't thinking and I saw all these little tiny things swimming around, thought they were bugs, and plugged in the filter
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom