Companion fir a male betta fish.

CHICKENX2005

Songster
Feb 2, 2024
I have a born and raised in Texas male betta fish named ultra violent. Are there any fish that would be a good companion for him. I don't want him to have to be completely alone in the aquarium but I also don't want either if the fish to get hurt.

Thank you šŸ˜

They are very territorial so dont really like companions. Id say a snail is the best you can do.. But really some pothos plant clippings thown in the water that they can hang in will make them happy.

He's in a 2 and a half gallon now. I would put him in something a lot bigger if I put any other fish with him of course.

He's in a 2 and a half gallon now. I would put him in something a lot bigger if I put any other fish with him of course.

Yeah, that size is only OK for him to be alone in. If you'd like to add fish, go for a 10g. Scape the aquarium and place the other fish in first, then your betta. For the 10g I'd look into chili rasbora, endlers livebearers, or pygmy corydoras

Yeah, that size is only OK for him to be alone in. If you'd like to add fish, go for a 10g. Scape the aquarium and place the other fish in first, then your betta. For the 10g I'd look into chili rasbora, endlers livebearers, or pygmy corydoras

All that said, companions might still stress him out, or anger him to the point of killing them. You need to have a plan B in place

Back
Top Bottom