• betta

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • beta

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • doesn't really matter/don't care

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Pics
I drive to town and get town water for my water changes.
I used to live in NYC, which is renowned for it’s great fish keeping water...
Then I moved upstate and now have insanely hard well water like yours. I rescued a poor cold lone surviving betta from a school project last year, and I mixed my well water with RO in a 25:75 ratio and that brought all the numbers back down to acceptable range. I have RO in the house so that was the easiest no brainer method for me. the fish recovered and lived for almost another year. Unfortunately someone in the house sprayed bug spray near his tank, it got into the water and killed him :(

Oh no! That's so sad. I'm sorry. :hugs
It was... it was also my fault for not keeping the tank properly covered :(
Seeing him recover was very rewarding. He was part of some project at my sister's high school. The bettas were kept in unheated tanks and one day in winter, someone forgot to close the windows... All the fish froze to death and he was the only survivor...

The day I brought him home (I had to make an emergency run to the pet store to get everything as I had given away all my tanks and equipment):
IMG_7453.JPG

I believe this was a month or two later:
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.19.30 PM.png

It was... it was also my fault for not keeping the tank properly covered :(
Seeing him recover was very rewarding. He was part of some project at my sister's high school. The bettas were kept in unheated tanks and one day in winter, someone forgot to close the windows... All the fish froze to death and he was the only survivor...

The day I brought him home (I had to make an emergency run to the pet store to get everything as I had given away all my tanks and equipment):
View attachment 2381093

I believe this was a month or two later:
View attachment 2381094

Wow! That's a big improvement! Good job saving him.

Back
Top Bottom