Beyond The Purple Door...Chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
morning Purple Door Peeps not feeling so well.

I did a number on my self last Sunday. Dropped a 110 gallon water tank on my self, trying to get it out of the truck. What little rain we get had filled the tank with about a foot of water. I wanted it drained and out. I misjudged how much water weighs and when it worked it to the edge of the truck bed the center of gravity tipped it out. Over and on me.

The whole thing slammed me against the Garden tractor Trailer... and pinned me to the ground. Bent the Crap out of my Walker and Beat the crap out of me.

For info purposes. I am 64 and recovering from three decades of obesity. I used to be able to do stuff like moving a big tank and hop out of the way. The muscle memory is there but the Agility is NOT.

Being used to not having help is a Paradigm I will have to shift no matter how much it hurts to loose some independence.

I know some of the people on this thread are very young. But fifty years of having horses has left me with some pain and arthritis. Take care of your selves now.

deb
hope you feel better

Yes, but they can have a wild personality/run away from you to avoid handling. Some are really friendly, & enjoy snuggles. Personality varies from bird to bird.
I don't hold my chickens unless needed...I can't find any around here either..:idunno
I think I better stick with the birds I know. My Sebright is the bossy Hen around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom