Beyond The Purple Door...Chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I'll have to wait and see them first? I don't know anything about your Roosters or how Randy they are?
Oh, they are very, ragey with hormones. There was a 3 way fight between the OEGB, & OEGB crosses yesterday. No body got hurt.

The hens are all getting mated, & laying eggs like mad.

I got a soft shelled egg yesterday in my nest box. I gave more Oyster shell to them. Hopefully it doesn't become a problem..
I had a Brahma doing that a couple months ago. Boosted her calcium, she was still laying shell-less, & soft shelled eggs, so I repeated with the extra calcium, & then she finally started laying regular eggs again.

I had a Brahma doing that a couple months ago. Boosted her calcium, she was still laying shell-less, & soft shelled eggs, so I repeated with the extra calcium, & then she finally started laying regular eggs again.
I'll be keeping my eye on the situation. Hopefully it stops soon.

You guys with the 'busy' roosters are so lucky! I bought a chocolate orpington to go with my layer flock, but my tiny little frizzle cochin roo is preventing him from mounting the hens. Every time my orpington tries to mate (which is rare) the little frizzle goes nuts and scares him away! But he's to small to even mount them let alone breed them. I tried to separate him but the ladies still hang out around his pen waiting for him to come out :lau I guess I'll be ordering all my eggs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom