Big Announcement: BYC & Mark Zuckerberg / Facebook Partnership - BeakBook - April fool's 2013

I'm thinking this is the biggest April fools going, some got took LMAO . seriously no one would partner with zuckerberg, he is loosing money, and since you can not keep things private, its a stupid social media that's no only confusing, but really a waste of time. now I come here for enjoyment so I hope you never decide to move, change or distort a wonderful place like this. that being said coodoes to you who thought of this april fools prank
bow.gif

We will be over run with "animal rights" comments,from all corners... Telling us what we are doing wrong,how we can do it better.It's just opening us up to mean comments and bad feelings.. I'm sure this "feedback" request is just to get us ready for what is already here.....
sad.png
I'm afraid I agree with this poster. My husbands FB account has been closed down by complainers on content. As retired law enforcement he has taken on the cause of fighting the Animal Rights radicals in California. His new account is presently under a new attack of complaints for trying to make more friends. :idunno What's up about that? Chickens should never become " the new dog". We'll soon not be eating them or their eggs. Mark my words I can only hope this is a big April Fools Day joke

After being hacked twice thru facebook log on page,what are you doing to protect this site from facebooks lack of security. Online hacking is my biggest concern once your site gets linked to facebook.

When I first saw this earlier today, I wanted to post "what day is it today?" But I didn't.

On the off chance that people are actually reading suggestions, I think the chicken breed information pages could be better and I would love it if it were easier to find people near me.

April fools??? I hope so.
If not, here goes.
1a. I don't want my fb linked to my byc activity. I would feel like I had to limit my byc activity so that I wouldn,t drive my fb friends crazy with what they see as my hobby.
1b. Don't like how fb decides what content is posted on newsfeed.
1c. I agree that posts would be lost and not replied to in a fb format.
1d. I don't want to weed through my social fb to get to my byc activity
1e. I would not be able to view it at work as fb is blocked.
1f. If the two sites were not linked then I'd be okay with it.
1g. I would like the ability to post photos direcly from my phone with ease.

2.I have never visited the byc facebook page.
3. Beakbook is fine. As are some of the other suggestions.
4. I like the byc format - period. The topical lay out makes finding what you are looking for easy as does the option to search for posts.
5. I'd like the idea of meetups and poultry shows. I don't understand the need for chickens to be the next big thing. I love my chickens but I don't feel like everyone should have one. They are not a fad and should never be promoted in such a way as they become.one.

Finally, if this is a joke, I think itwas a very creative way to pluck our brains to discover our likes, dislikes, and desires.

do you use facebook? I have never had to pay to pm anyone. Not saying you aren't correct. I just don't know about this and was wondering if your information was hersay??

If the person isn't a friend and you are messaging them directly, yes, you have to pay. If you want it to go to their "other" folder, which half the people I speak to don't/didn't even know it existed, it's free. I know because I tried to connect with my half sister through her mom and I was asked to pay $1 or send to ther "other" folder.
I didn't know about that folder for over a year. I went back and apologized to people for never getting back to them and those were sent before the $1 fee went into effect. affect? I'm to tired from trying to keep this thread at the top till people woke u and enough saw it.

Know what was good about all of this? There were actually some great ideas that Nifty may e able to work with. Know what else was good about it? For those of us that have been around for a long time and take these threads one direction or another, There are lots who saw this and came in to show how much BYC means to them.

BYC is a great site. Lots of informaton and tons of chicken loving friends to be made. And one day when all Heck
big_smile.png
breaks loose!

Gonna be a long day. I couldn't hold out for longer then 5am. Where's the walking in a sleep daze smilie?

Back
Top Bottom