Okay, Back at the bator today, calibrating 5 thermometers.

i dont have pictures but i did a deep pot of water at a rolling boil and tested the water proof thermomters and came up with high readings

I then mixed ice cubes and snow in a blender and made crushed ice slush. I put the thermomters in for a minut and all read a little high again, including my Laser thermometer

i averaged out the difference of each thermomter in each test and used a sharpe to wright the difference on each thermometer because they dont actualy have a calibration setting

the ice water is 0.0 degrees C, the boiling water is 100View attachment 2006450View attachment 2006451View attachment 2006452View attachment 2006453View attachment 2006454
I should mention i drilled ten 5/8 inch holes near the light bulbs to allow fresh air in

I know some because of working in the medical field. Like I know how much 10ml (or cc) is because I know what the syringe looks like. I also know what 1mm - 5mm is because of the instruments I used in spine surgery but I can't convert it to inches to save my life.
No me either i cant do conversions well. When iam estimating the inch fractions i think of open end wrenches. its the only way i can visialize the size

Can't wait to see this 'bator in action!! What all are you hatching this year?
First up will be black silkies, White Silkies, and a mix of both
Then Saxony x Kahki Campbell, Saxony x Pekin
And what i cant wait for is 12 standard indian runner eggs i pre ordered 😊 i cant wait!
I'm sorry I've been babbling on in this thread, I thought we were on a private conversation!
Haha! i knew it would happen eventualy with this new format, We will get used to it soon

Back
Top Bottom